↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Another central locking problem!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
fibs

Another central locking problem!
Newbie post maybe? I've done a search and can't seem to find the answer.....

Have a new 2011 Defender 110 and have a problem with the central locking. Everything works fine with the FOB and doors lock/unlock and alarm arms without any problems.

However, when I lock the door MANUALLY from the inside from the driver's door, the locks go down and them pop back up and doors won't stay locked. Seems like some sort of fault preventing the doors from locking. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Post #129147 6th Mar 2012 11:59am
WelshGas

Wales 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Sorry for maybe being stupid, but why do you want to lock the doors from the inside?

If that is what you are trying to do then you MUST have the window open to do so - maybe this is an undiscovered function of the Puma alarm system - it will not lock manually if the window is open? Confused Confused LANDYWATCH

Neighbourhood Watch for Land Rover Owners

http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2/index.php
Post #129192 6th Mar 2012 5:56pm
spudfan

Ireland 
The handbook says that if you lock the driver's door by depressing the button on the inside, all doors will lock,if central locking is fitted. However if one of the doors is not closed correctly it will not work. Just check that all doors are 100% closed. Perhaps the drivers door is not 100% closed.Try locking from inside using the fob. If that works you definately have a glitch somewhere. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #129221 6th Mar 2012 7:27pm
WelshGas

Wales 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Sorry, misunderstood your post. I thought you were using the key, not the door button. Yes, spud fan is correct. All doors have to be properly closed. it might be that closing the doors externally you use more force, thus they are correctly closed, whereas pulling the door shut from inside does not fully close it. Could this be the cause? Thumbs Up LANDYWATCH

Neighbourhood Watch for Land Rover Owners

http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2/index.php
Post #129242 6th Mar 2012 8:19pm
Lorryman100

The above scenarios are easy to check for. First thing to do is arm the alarm from outside the defender and check it locks all doors and the dash LED is flashing showing the alarm is armed. Disarm the alarm with the fob and jump in the drivers seat as normal and then lock the defender with the alarm fob, if you get the mislock horn sounding, then the drivers door sensor is at fault or the drivers door isn't being closed properly. Thumbs Up
Post #129251 6th Mar 2012 8:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fibs

Weird. I've checked locking with the FOB from both inside and outside the car and the doors lock just fine. It's only when I manually push the lock pin down that it just pops back up and unlocks the whole car....
Post #129391 7th Mar 2012 10:07am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I bet there are quite a few people who wished that function existed before...............the kids left in the car that lock the door with the keys inside and promptly refuse to co-operate and those with dogs that stand on the button as they watch you get out to open a gate or the like Whistle
Post #129430 7th Mar 2012 1:32pm
fibs

Maybe a dumb question, but how do others lock the doors when they're in the car and driving? In some countries it's not safe to drive around with the doors unlocked...
Post #129439 7th Mar 2012 1:57pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Fibs

In our case we always drive with all the lock closed inside the city.
From inside all locks are commanded from the drivers lock. Probably you have a problem there.

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #129450 7th Mar 2012 2:47pm
Ravers

its a matter of personal safety, I think most if not all cars these days have an emergency lock to stop some nutter getting in. (or kids/dog opening the bloody door) Shocked
Since your cars under warranty get it back in.
ALL (5) doors on mine lock when i push down the drivers door lock button. if one door is not closed properly, all locks will unlock. Rolling Eyes Ravers
Post #129808 8th Mar 2012 7:08pm
fibs

Ravers wrote:
its a matter of personal safety, I think most if not all cars these days have an emergency lock to stop some nutter getting in. (or kids/dog opening the bloody door) Shocked
Since your cars under warranty get it back in.
ALL (5) doors on mine lock when i push down the drivers door lock button. if one door is not closed properly, all locks will unlock. Rolling Eyes

Months later and still haven't fixed the problem. I've slammed all doors shut with herculean strength so I'm certain that all of the doors are fully closed. Moreover, locking with the FOB (alarm) works just fine both inside and outside of the car. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of nowhere so getting to a dealership is next to impossible. Any more ideas? This problem is seriously frustrating as I can't drive around the city with the doors unlocked due to safety reasons...Thanks for your help!
Post #142897 2nd May 2012 12:06am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 
When you manually press the button down on the drivers' door, it's supposed to trip a microswitch that in turn locks all of the other locks. It's probably something simple like the mechanism is misaligned, but it could just as easily be a faulty microswitch or associated wiring. Take the door card off and have a look at what happens when you press the button down. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #142898 2nd May 2012 12:23am
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Sounds like the rod from the button to the actuator is not long enough.

Door card off to check tho.

Andy
Post #142906 2nd May 2012 6:35am
fibs

When I lock the doors with the FOB the horn honks twice (very loudly) and the indicator lights flash twice. Is this normal? Is the horn supposed to honk when locking with the FOB? The system seems to arm properly.

If the system isn't supposed to honk when arming with the FOB then maybe there is a problem with the alarm?

Confused, confused, confused.... Big Cry
Post #143097 2nd May 2012 10:10pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
If the horn sounds it is normaly indicating a door, or bonnet is open/not shut properly

Does your internal light work ok with each door? If yes check bonnet switch, if no, sort that
Post #143098 2nd May 2012 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>