↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 260 of 1375 <123 ... 259260261 ... 137313741375>
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 
Romadog wrote:
In between the showers I looked at fitting the folding rear step that I bought from Farmer Giles. Need spacer as I have a Dixon Bate slider tow hitch which uses one of the welded ones that is required. Is there a thread on this ?

Are you sure you're usng the right holes, Romadog? The DB tow hitch shouldn't interfere with the step at all. It uses one threaded hole next to the hitch and one plain hole that needs a nut and bolt.

Click image to enlarge
 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #128455 3rd Mar 2012 7:52pm
The Musketeer

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 90 Other HT Cairns Blue
Stalking this morning, three fat roe does in the larder. Spent this afternoon glassing for black cock, from the landy of course! Good things come to the wild and free
Post #128456 3rd Mar 2012 7:52pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 
The Musketeer wrote:
Stalking this morning, three fat roe does in the larder. Spent this afternoon glassing for black cock, from the landy of course!

Don't try googling for that Shocked Laughing Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

Post #128457 3rd Mar 2012 7:56pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
started to fit my twin odysseys ... more to it than meets the eye ... going to carry on with the work next weekend.

I have devon 44 tray fitted, one of the odysseys fitted, leads made up for carling switch, measured up fuse box bracket ..

next w/e

> fit second odyssey
> fit battery controller
> make additional battery leads
> fit fuse box
> fit & wire up 12v sockets

pics when completed
Post #128467 3rd Mar 2012 8:28pm
bpman

LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Romadog wrote:
In between the showers I looked at fitting the folding rear step that I bought from Farmer Giles. Need spacer as I have a Dixon Bate slider tow hitch which uses one of the welded ones that is required. Is there a thread on this ?

Are you sure you're usng the right holes, Romadog? The DB tow hitch shouldn't interfere with the step at all. It uses one threaded hole next to the hitch and one plain hole that needs a nut and bolt

Somethings not right there Shocked Although I seem to remember there were spacers on my fold down step.
Post #128470 3rd Mar 2012 8:32pm
Romadog

Quote:
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Romadog wrote:

Are you sure you're usng the right holes, Romadog? The DB tow hitch shouldn't interfere with the step at all. It uses one threaded hole next to the hitch and one plain hole that needs a nut and bolt

Somethings not right there Although I seem to remember there were spacers on my fold down step.

Thanks Guys, I have the left hand spacer welded to my chassis, with the thread in it. The DB hitch is bolted to more, unlike yours LRA. Cant remember seeing the hole where yours is fitted (will re check), but the right hand bracket can move along the shaft and thought that this was ro allow for different hole positions ???
My chassis by the way is a galvanised one, early Richards Chassis I was told, with deep chassis rails.
Post #128485 3rd Mar 2012 9:20pm
bpman

Romadog wrote:
Quote:
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Romadog wrote:

Somethings not right there Although I seem to remember there were spacers on my fold down step.

Thanks Guys, I have the left hand spacer welded to my chassis, with the thread in it. The DB hitch is bolted to more, unlike yours LRA. Cant remember seeing the hole where yours is fitted (will re check), but the right hand bracket can move along the shaft and thought that this was ro allow for different hole positions ???
My chassis by the way is a galvanised one, early Richards Chassis I was told, with deep chassis rails.

Safety moment: whatever you do - don't weld a galvanised chassis - YOU WILL DIE
Post #128489 3rd Mar 2012 9:31pm
Harryb450

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Somethings not right there Although I seem to remember there were spacers on my fold down step.[/quote]

My chassis by the way is a galvanised one, early Richards Chassis I was told, with deep chassis rails.[/quote]

Safety moment: whatever you do - don't weld a galvanised chassis - YOU WILL DIE[/quote]

It isnt quite that bad! we do it quite often at work, just dont breathe the white smoke in Thumbs Up
Post #128492 3rd Mar 2012 9:40pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Harryb450 wrote:
just dont breathe the white smoke in

...unless you want to lose weight Wink Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #128496 3rd Mar 2012 9:49pm
Harryb450

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
ZeDefender wrote:
Harryb450 wrote:
just dont breathe the white smoke in

...unless you want to lose weight Wink

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
Post #128502 3rd Mar 2012 10:07pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 
Romadog wrote:

Ah, that would explain it then. Sounds like you haven't got the correct holes for the step, which was a fairly recent addition to the design. Darren

Post #128523 3rd Mar 2012 11:57pm
Def-00

United Arab Emirates 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Fuji White
Another trip to the desert, though today was a solo trip
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic6667.html

Was meant to collect some goodies from paddock spares today but the ups chaps over here couldn't forward my number to their driver after numerous phone calls between 11am-7pm. they apologized and promised to send it first thing Sunday morning. I'll give them till i wake up then i'll just bust in their office to collect Twisted Evil 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #128530 4th Mar 2012 1:00am
ngarigo

Ireland 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Santorini Black
Great pics Thumbs Up Love the Thorny Devil on the bonnet especially, he's cute in a scratchy sort of way Very Happy[/quote]

thanks zag man... Thumbs Up Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

'Wow...! What a ride!

MY11 90
Post #128531 4th Mar 2012 1:09am
tatra805

Slovakia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Wished we had dunes like that.. Razz

Finalized ram mount and tablet install. Lost an hour watching camel trophy dvd

:)

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #128596 4th Mar 2012 1:08pm
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
Finished my wing protection bars today, quite pleased with the end result...

Click image to enlarge
Post #128598 4th Mar 2012 1:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 260 of 1375 <123 ... 259260261 ... 137313741375>