↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 254 of 1375 <123 ... 253254255 ... 137313741375>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Elz can't remember but it's 8mm thick all round ally and galv steel brackets so a strong but light one....not that it's ever going to get more than a stone chip on it Whistle Laughing
Post #126656 25th Feb 2012 5:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
Zagato wrote:
Elz can't remember but it's 8mm thick all round ally and galv steel brackets so a strong but light one....not that it's ever going to get more than a stone chip on it Whistle Laughing
Don't worry it'll polish out Whistle Sheep
Post #126657 25th Feb 2012 6:01pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
I was going to paint it black but the silver matches the bodywork so it looks fine and yes it polishes up a bling treat as it's near new Very Happy
Post #126660 25th Feb 2012 6:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
changed oil and filter (again) after 10000km. Last time I did it was after 3k last September but mostly short journeys during winter and use of 2 stroke oil with the diesel meant that it was probably a good idea. Boy does that engine sound smooth now.

OK it seems overly cautious after only 4500 miles between changes but its an easy and cheap job to do.

Dare I admit it but while I was at it I did the gearbox oil again - thats twice since last August. I was curious as to whether there was another load of swarf in there like last time but not a single shard so it probably wasn't necessary. Peace of mind though Smile
Post #126691 25th Feb 2012 7:17pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
I've been using the Defender for work for a couple of months and have decided to sell the 109" Series IIA once it goes through it's MOT, so need to board out the back of the Defender for all the tools etc Very Happy

Worked today to pay for yesterdays steering guard Wink

Will board out the back so it can just be pulled out when not needed Very Happy

Seem to remember someone saying about the dangers of petrol fumes in an enclosed motor - but have no option when I don't take the trailer Shocked

Hope to get a 110 TDi pick eventually which will sort it :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by Zagato on 26th Feb 2012 4:03pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #126868 26th Feb 2012 3:58pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
That is one nice looking 110 Zag. Hopefully I will see it at Billing, along with Joao Pedros double-cab? I havn't done much with mine besides go to and from work which is not very exciting.
Post #126869 26th Feb 2012 4:01pm
ben_j85jty

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Fixed an oil leak - which turned out to be due to my inability to to tighten a bolt - and fitted a new speedo drive so hopefuly the speedo will be somewhere nearer accurate. 2002 Defender 110 DC
Post #126872 26th Feb 2012 4:10pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Post #126874 26th Feb 2012 4:13pm
Lorryman100

Finally fitted the quick release steering wheel boss adaptor. Thumbs Up

Removed the Momo steering wheel to gain access to the boss. Must get one of Alive Tunings new bosses that are machined from aluminium and anodized black.

Click image to enlarge

Fitted the quick release boss adaptor.

Click image to enlarge

And fitted the other half of the adaptor to the steering wheel.

Click image to enlarge

Then it was time to see if the two parts come together.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The finished result.

Click image to enlarge

Brian.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #126887 26th Feb 2012 5:14pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Nice one Brian, they work quite well mate don't they.....takes a few times to get the hang of it...nice and slimline as well Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #126889 26th Feb 2012 5:21pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Zagato wrote:

:

Zag now you have started to put tools in your truck it will start to get dirty you know Whistle
i see your not on tarmac as well :thud:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #126892 26th Feb 2012 5:25pm
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
fekete wrote:
Zagato wrote:

:

Zag now you have started to put tools in your truck it will start to get dirty you know Whistle
i see your not on tarmac as well Thud

Zag, why not get a cage for the trailer and leave everything in that- keep the defender clean. A ballache towing all the time Iknow but saves the rear of pride and joy

Post #126896 26th Feb 2012 5:37pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
i see your not on tarmac as well Thud[/quote]

Laughing Yeah it's not ideal Rolling Eyes Need a TDi or just keep the Series Whistle Not a bad idea about the cage though Thumbs Up

Looking good Bri and it's spotless inside, better than mine at the moment, careful you don't inherit the Zag clean crown, it's quite a responsibility you know.....having to clean the inside of the exhaust everyday, hoovering the engine bay and polishing the gearbox Shocked I can't take the stress anymore, i'm cracking up and going to plough it through Salisbury Plain and have done with it Whistle Noooo way Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Zagato on 26th Feb 2012 5:49pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #126897 26th Feb 2012 5:39pm
Lorryman100

Zagato wrote:

Looking good Bri and it's spotless inside

Tactical picture taking Zag. Managed to take the pics without showing just how manky the inside is just now Embarassed I was also saving you from the pain of having to look at pics of a dirty defender. Thumbs Up Whistle Laughing

It works a treat Karlos Thumbs Up Now all I need to remember is that I have to pick up the steering wheel as well as the keys when going out. Wonder how long that will take to get right. Embarassed Laughing
Post #126898 26th Feb 2012 5:49pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Washed, waxed and cleaned inside. Wonder who else uses WD 40 as a cleaner? Works a treat on black trim. Whistle Mr. Green
Post #126904 26th Feb 2012 6:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 254 of 1375 <123 ... 253254255 ... 137313741375>