Print this entire topic · 
LR09WA

Australia 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
The wait is killing me it must be any day now Big Cry
Post #11269 25th May 2009 5:57am
sasha2001

Russia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Tonga Green
markalpha wrote:
Shropshire Lad whay did you buy instead and how does it compare to The defender.

yep buy a misti they are good better then LR (not) quote from guys in Africa re them

"A lot of my clients have had huge hassles with modern Nissans, Toyotas, and Mitsubishis. One client in Gabon has been running a fleet of Nissan Patrols, and they are getting a maximum of two years life out of them before they need replacing as they become too unreliable. When they used the old diesel Landcruiser pickups, their replacement time was over 5 years.

Mitsubishi pickups in the Gambia last less than 18 months, but then there's NO preventative maintenance done on them, and the level of maintenance is "dodgy" at best."

Sorry you had a dodgy one but again I would say you knew landrovers were not perfect and you brought it and some of the problems are of your making looking at what you said, surely you would see a misaligned panel etc, the consumers rights were on you side to refuse it yet you did not do so ?
Post #11270 25th May 2009 7:35am
LR09WA

Just got the phone call saying that there has been a mix up with the delivery of my defender, it was supposed to be in australia yesterday, only to be told today its still on a boat not even at south africa yet and its still 20 or so days away, NOT VERY IMPRESSED Big Cry Big Cry . So now I going to ask all of you guys and girls what do you think I should ask for to make me feel better,, I was thinking maybe some floor matts and window tint..........
Post #11311 27th May 2009 7:46am
Bosun

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
For a little added security, window tint sounds like a good idea (if you can get it). Stuff in the back of a Defender is a little exposed to the thieving scum bags of this world.
Best of luck.
Bosun.
Post #11312 27th May 2009 8:32am
CapeLandy

South Africa 
Give me the name of the vessel she is sailing with and I will keep a look out. (I work in the docks here in SA.)

Maybe I can have a chat with the Captain and ask him to put a few extra revs on the ships main engine to get to you quicker. Mr. Green Puma 110 - gone
Series III 1973 - going strong
Post #11313 27th May 2009 9:05am
LR09WA

CapeLandy wrote:
Give me the name of the vessel she is sailing with and I will keep a look out. (I work in the docks here in SA.)

Maybe I can have a chat with the Captain and ask him to put a few extra revs on the ships main engine to get to you quicker. Mr. Green
Thanks capelandy I am not sure of her name but these are the dates / Port Elizabeth SA 01/06/09 ,, East London SA 02/06/09,, Durban SA 03/06,,, Reunion Isle stendenis Reunion 08/06/09,,, You little ripper Fremantle Australia 17/06/09 ............ Thanks again Cape Landy See what you can do at least wave to the stornoway grey 110 on board...
Post #11315 27th May 2009 9:18am
CapeLandy

South Africa 
Looks like she is missing Cape Town Confused
Hope you get a model without any gremlins - good luck Mate Puma 110 - gone
Series III 1973 - going strong
Post #11317 27th May 2009 9:40am
dullbird

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
I have had a lot of problems with mine........has been in and out of the dealer for the same problem now for over a year!
I have had many other problems and faults also

Do I regret buying the defender.....NO I only wish we could of brought a late 08 or 09 in saying that the time we brought just happened to be right for us money wise.

Yes I have had problems with my car but I expected that being one of the first vehicles into the country its actually Land Rover Australians customer service I felt very let down by...Would I sell my 110..In NUT SHELL NO would I ever buy a new car from land rover again....Definitely NOT.

Shame as a D3/D4 was on the cards for my next car YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #11322 27th May 2009 11:26am
RgrBox

United States 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
dm_td5 wrote:
You won't regret it. Owning a Defender is a lot different to owning any other 4WD in Australia. Just get used to other Land Rover drivers waving to you.

That's one part of owning one I love..

The wait here in Switzerland is three months to deliver.. A friend just go this 110 in Metalic Grey.. looks a dream..

RB 2008 110 2.4 tdci csw
Landrovers of Switzerland Club member
Post #11524 4th Jun 2009 11:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LR09WA

Pob wrote:
Congratulations, enjoy Thumbs Up

They can have issues but most are sorted and some are just a quirk of the vehicle (noises, clangs & bangs etc) after all there is a lot of transmission / running gear underneath a Defender that is not present on ordinary cars.

The Defender has one thing Toyotas can not have............... character Mr. Green I love the "face of mine" they look so good and are like driving your favourite Tonka toy ! Infinitely customised and brilliant off road work horses.

How many sleeps you got to go?

Pob Smile
Thanks Pob only 10 sleeps to go, Only thing I am out of town for work so really 14 maybe 16 sleeps to go
Post #11730 9th Jun 2009 6:31am
LR09WA

chalky wrote:
Well done mate !

I havent regretted mine one bit, i,m in my mid 30's now and have been driving Landys since i was about 7 Yrs old on agritultural and private land of course.
I have had the DEFENDER in one form or another for the past 15 Years and i havent regretted owning one.

My Dad told me when i first wanted one in my early 20's that i should think long and hard about it because after all they were in fact a Road Tractor, i still think about that now when i hear people whinging and moaning about the basic interiors or the agricultural powertrain ! This clunks, the tyres are noisy, you can hear the water splashing under the rear tub from the back tyres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts are always the same ! Twisted Evil F()CK OFF and buy something else then !

Every time i get in mine and drive off its like getting into it for the first time !
Thanks Chalky maybe thats why I have always loved Land rovers , The first car I drove was a land rover pillow under my bum and away I went, I am even hoping to buy that same car later this year(cant even remember what series it is) it was so long ago......
ENJOY !
Post #11731 9th Jun 2009 6:44am
LR09WA

CapeLandy wrote:

Maybe I can have a chat with the Captain and ask him to put a few extra revs on the ships main engine to get to you quicker. Mr. Green
the Ships name is AIDA
Post #11732 9th Jun 2009 6:47am
waterfox

Argentina 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Auto Rimini Red
"the Ships name is AIDA"

Just looking out the window at the port here in Buenos Aires and I can see a ship called AIDA...............

just joking. Embarassed He who laughs last , thinks slowest
Post #12744 7th Jul 2009 7:24pm
LR09WA

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/LR09WA/

Last edited by LR09WA on 10th Jul 2009 3:29am. Edited 6 times in total
Post #12759 8th Jul 2009 1:06pm
LR09WA

And here she is
Picked her up last friday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy here is a link to the pics http://www.aulro.com/afvb/90-110-130-defen...e-she.html
Post #12760 8th Jul 2009 1:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>