Home > Maintenance & Modifications > TÜV approval defender 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SebastianK

Denmark 2001 Defender 110 Td5 HT Galway Green
TÜV approval defender 110
Good evening everybody 😊

During my 4,5 year restoration/rebuild of my 110 TD5 I fitted a Safety Device roll cage (L242) and Terrafirma 2 inch suspension kit (TF18 and TF19), but I have an extremely difficult time finding the TÜV certificates and I can’t pass the MOT without 😵‍💫

The roll cage is advertised as TÜV approved but as I found out when writing to Safety Device, I can only get it if buying from 4ward4x4 in Germany because it’s not used in UK 😵 4Ward4x4 need to see the vehicle in person and also charge a 1000 euros for it which I don’t have - every dime has already been spend on the defender 😓

The terrafirma springs used to have a TÜV approval when collaborating with allmakes, but they shut that down, and won’t issue any new, but there are some out there from that time that which I hope to find (I have sources one from the defender 90).

So I’m desperately trying to find some help in getting a copy of these TÜV approvals and asking all you clever heads and the community for help, so I can get the car on the road after almost 5 years of rebuilding it 🫣

Thanks and all the best to you!

Click image to enlarge
Post #1045761 13th Sep 2024 8:32pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Does a heavy duty roof rack and associated load bearing brackets need to be TUV approved?

Your 110 doesn't seem to sit any higher than my 110 (might be the camera angle) but mines on totally stock springs - a swap to genuine springs rather than Terrafirma wouldn't need approval surely?

HTH Keith
Post #1045770 14th Sep 2024 8:36am
SebastianK

Denmark 2001 Defender 110 Td5 HT Galway Green
In Denmark, adding a roll cage is considered a “change of the cars construction” and therefore needs a TÜV, I hoped that it was okay to show that the cage is TÜV approved on the website and a receipt of buying that specific cage, but they need the physical TÜV certificate 😬

The springs are 2” medium springs (TF018 and TF019) I also have the TF172 and TF173 4 stage shocks.
So it is sitting a bit higher than original (maybe 1 inch) - but lifting the vehicle is again a change of the construction and needs a TÜV approval according to the MOT guy 🫠

I could change back to original springs but a bit of a shame to throw out the new ones especially when I have the TÜV for the def 90 version, but not the 110 and it is out there 🫤 but that might be the way in the end, but that’s not really doable for the roll cage 😵
Post #1045783 14th Sep 2024 11:12am
ijomps

Austria 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
edit: sorry just saw you are located in denmark.
Post #1049305 21st Oct 2024 10:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1