↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > Unable to start P400e “ charging cable plugged in”
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
macduff

United Kingdom 
Unable to start P400e “ charging cable plugged in”
Had my P400e parked up in local swimming pool car park for about 50mins, locked & not connected to a charging point ( there aren’t any!) . Tried to start it after a swim & it flashed initialising on clocks followed by charging cable plugged in remove etc to start (words to that effect). Nothing I tried (lock & leave for 10mins ) fixed it so called LR assistance, the AA turned with 20mins and after chat with local LR assist chaps they say this is the 1st one they seen do this (1 yr old P400e ) they tried a “ battery reset procedure but that didn’t fix it , they then found the charge port cable lock pin had been engaged making it think there was a charge cable in . Much head scratching and time elapsed trying to see if the charge cable lock solenoid could be accessed (well hidden & not visible from inside with boot panels removed they tried some unlocking/locking (even though that had been done already) and eureaka the cable lock solenoid was heard deactivating . It still wouldn’t start as dash still had cable inserted alert, but inserting & removing a charge cable ( now possible as lock pin was retracted) seemed to clear the alert & it started ok. Major pita & a bit of a worry if an errant sticky /misbehaving solenoid can stop it working with no real roadside fix procedure other than hit & hope as they were looking to have it towed for slow time strip/ fix if it hadn’t “fixed itself” , total assist time was about nearly 2hrs , & it might happen again :/ advised to keep an eye on charge port lock pin but don’t fiddle with (death may ensue!) 2023 110 P400e
Post #1043498 21st Aug 2024 9:45pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Thanks for sharing your experience, could be very helpful for many P400e owners. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S MY21 on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #1043504 21st Aug 2024 10:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1