Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Leaking Windshield
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
H1Tad

United States 
Leaking Windshield
Hello

My new (to me) 2022 Defender 110 (or rather the wife's) seems to be leaking water from the top of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror and onto the dash. It also seems to be coming down into the driver's side footwell.

I did a search and it seems that another forum member had this issue and he mentioned that there was possibly a TSB for this? Can anyone confirm this and if the TSB # is known - post it here?

Thanks in advance! 2022 Defender 110 SE P400 Tasman Blue Expedition and Cold weather package
2003 Hummer H1 P400 Firehouse Red
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Post #1042657 13th Aug 2024 1:27pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
lt's a fault l've not heard of before with the new Defender. Maybe the windshield was replaced and not sealed properly?

Can you take it back to the Dealer. lt should still be within the manufacturer's warranty although the windshield might not be if it's been replaced by someone other than Land Rover.
Post #1042670 13th Aug 2024 5:07pm
H1Tad

United States 
Here's the thread I found that references the TSB. https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic84881.html

The description of the leak in that thread matches mine. A visual inspection of the seal around the windshield surround doesn't raise any suspicions.

I bought the vehicle used from a Porsche dealership (it was a trade-in). It is still under warranty from LR and I have a service appointment next week. In my experience it helps to self-diagnose and be well informed about the underlying issues so you can interact with the service managers from a better perspective. 2022 Defender 110 SE P400 Tasman Blue Expedition and Cold weather package
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Post #1042678 13th Aug 2024 7:17pm
H1Tad

United States 
Just got a call from the dealer and the windshield needs to be replaced. The service manager said that he was surprised that my Defender windshield was leaking as he said typically only the Discovery leaks but he said that it was one of the worst windshield leaks he's ever seen.

He was not aware of a TSB for it.

Thankfully they have a Defender windshield in stock but they farm out installation to a local glass installer so I have to wait until next week to get the truck back.

Thankfully all covered under warranty. 2022 Defender 110 SE P400 Tasman Blue Expedition and Cold weather package
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Post #1043468 21st Aug 2024 4:19pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
l should hope it is covered under the warranty.

l hope Land Rover fire the robot that fitted your windshield. l did a factory tour (Evoque/Discovery Sport) and if ever a robot looked bored, it was the one that had the task of running a bead of silicone around the door frames before they were joined together.
Post #1043480 21st Aug 2024 7:22pm
H1Tad

United States 
I will certainly demand that that robot's compensation be docked!
Laughing 2022 Defender 110 SE P400 Tasman Blue Expedition and Cold weather package
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Post #1043488 21st Aug 2024 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1