↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 185 of 1375 <123 ... 184185186 ... 137313741375>
Print this entire topic · 
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
wurzell wrote:
hi Very Happy i would follow up on what tig up has just posted,i spoke to my sister last night she drives a rr vogue and she is going to chat to the local dealer stafford lr and see if they can sort her out a 1/2 day complimentary experience,tasha has just said she wants to take hers around the course Whistle Shocked but sadly the date in january to do this is fully booked Thumbs Up paul n tash

they're there 7 days a week. call and they'll sort it
Post #100896 19th Nov 2011 10:43am
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
MuddyMarky wrote:
What sort of cost is involved for the day? Would it be worth getting a group together for those that fancy it/never done it? I know quite a few wouldn't be interested, but it wouldn't take that many of us to make it, would it?

Party Monkey, where are you? You might have gotten yourself another organising job! Smile

I'd be interested. Quite a trek from here but worth it. Could tie it in with some random business trip and claim it all back of course... Wink Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #100903 19th Nov 2011 10:48am
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
22900013A wrote:
wurzell wrote:
hi jwl Very Happy it would of been great in the snow,tasha was blown away by what her defender can do a real eye opener,we guessed we would be sharing the car with other people but were pleasantly surprised when it was just an instructor and us Thumbs Up paul n tash

I'd love to do the Eastnor course. I have never done it, even thought I have been to the show (LRW??) many times.

I've got a half day voucher to use and may go there with it.

I sepnt a day at Eastnor on the 2007 Puma launch - 2 hours off road in a convoy in the morning, then lunch and clay shooting etc followed by a 1 hour road circuit.

Blooming great day - they found out I'd driven off road before and gave the me base model Hi-Cap to use on the off-road course Laughing John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #100906 19th Nov 2011 10:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MuddyMarky

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
T1G UP wrote:
.......or if you've recently bought a vehicle ak your dealer to get a promo number.

Bloody hell, I can't get a telephone call back from the bunch of monkey's (purely my own opinion, of course) I bought mine from, let alone a voucher for something nice/useful/interesting/fun!

As soon as the money was paid, I may as well not have existed. Sad Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #100911 19th Nov 2011 11:07am
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black

Click image to enlarge

Gave it a bit of TLC

Click image to enlarge

Took it down to the jetwash to give it a blast underneath before I started (pressure washer is busted so not been done since summer) and was shocked to see how much rust had appeared in just a few months!
Post #100976 19th Nov 2011 4:24pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Just been get my 80ltr fridge for the trailer....good ole eBay Smile
Post #100978 19th Nov 2011 4:26pm
MuddyMarky

Just got back indoors from fitting my new Patriot Tilt Security Cage! Took bloody ages to arrive (it seems)....and fitting was what you'd call 'interesting'.

Changed the rear door hinge from side mounted to top mounted, and fitted a gas strut to keep it open.....quite pleased with my afternoon's work really Smile

I was going to take pics as I went, but forgot, sorry! Rolling with laughter Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #100992 19th Nov 2011 5:51pm
Buzz

2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Tonga Green
MuddyMarky wrote:
Just got back indoors from fitting my new Patriot Tilt Security Cage! Took bloody ages to arrive (it seems)....and fitting was what you'd call 'interesting'.

Changed the rear door hinge from side mounted to top mounted, and fitted a gas strut to keep it open.....quite pleased with my afternoon's work really Smile

I was going to take pics as I went, but forgot, sorry! Rolling with laughter

Pics fitted would be good as I am considering getting one Smile
Post #100994 19th Nov 2011 6:02pm
MuddyMarky

It's fairly straightforward, except the part of my tilt that joins the 2 hoops on the right hand side is fitted about 1.5 inches higher than the left, so the side panels had to be fitted slightly differently to each other. The only other issue I had was the rear panel, which already has the door fitted (which I changed, as per my post above)....it was just a real sod to fit. I had to get my hammer and 'tap' it in a few places to get it to fit.

The set comes complete with all rivets in bags, labelled with the panels they are for attaching.

I ordered mine nearly 3 weeks ago, and was phoned the day before it was due to be delivered first time to be told they hadn't built it yet, so I'd have to wait. No problem, we arranged it for the following Tuesday. I wited in all day and rang Patriot at about 3.30 to ask if they could chase it.....it hadn't even been sent out again! Anyway, long (ish) story short we had a little 'chat' and I was assured that they would get mine sent out and they would pay for a Saturday delivery.....hence it arrived this morning Smile

Worth the wait, but it always seems to happen to me!

*edited to add: Buzz, Ill get some pics of it fitted for you and post them here. I'll take some from inside & out, but don't really want to take the tilt off again. Should be able to see well enough though Thumbs Up Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #101002 19th Nov 2011 6:28pm
casher

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
MuddyMarky wrote:

I was going to take pics as I went, but forgot, sorry! Rolling with laughter

that is a good idea, put up a pic i might change my door over to that !
Post #101010 19th Nov 2011 6:48pm
nosnibod

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Bronze Green
Re: eastnor castle
JWL wrote:
I was so lucky the last time I went, was just me and an Experience instructor Thumbs Up

When I did my second course at Eastnor, it was in the snow and was supposed to be two trainees to one instructor. However I had the instructor to myself because the other trainee didn't turn up - apparently because he didn't think it would be run in the snow.
Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter Dave
Green Goddess - 1998 Defender 110 300tdi
Post #101021 19th Nov 2011 7:25pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Re: eastnor castle
nosnibod wrote:
JWL wrote:
I was so lucky the last time I went, was just me and an Experience instructor Thumbs Up

When I did my second course at Eastnor, it was in the snow and was supposed to be two trainees to one instructor. However I had the instructor to myself because the other trainee didn't turn up - apparently because he didn't think it would be run in the snow.
Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

The only downside I had was that just as it was finishing I had a phone call from the eldest boys school to go and pick him up as they were shutting because of the snow. Let's just say he was the last one there as I was having too much fun at Eastnor and on the way back to the school Whistle
Post #101024 19th Nov 2011 7:35pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
DefenderOfTheEarth wrote:
MuddyMarky wrote:
What sort of cost is involved for the day? Would it be worth getting a group together for those that fancy it/never done it? I know quite a few wouldn't be interested, but it wouldn't take that many of us to make it, would it?

Party Monkey, where are you? You might have gotten yourself another organising job! Smile

I'd be interested. Quite a trek from here but worth it. Could tie it in with some random business trip and claim it all back of course... Wink

they have a course in Devon! Get in contact with JST
Post #101025 19th Nov 2011 7:38pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
T1G UP wrote:

they have a course in Devon! Get in contact with JST

LRE Honiton are excellent Thumbs Up

Their course is quite a challenge in places.

Bob
Post #101029 19th Nov 2011 7:44pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
110 -Fitted my Sense of Adventure glovebox - great quality, fits perfectly and houses the parrot asteriod cables.

Did an oil change (6mthly), took ICE out for a run.

Checked underneath for anything loose, checked levels and put her away.

90 - fitted blanchard snow cover

Just wish it would start to get cold, looking forward to fitting the cooper snows on the 90

and bought a new camera .. so old one for sale anyone interested in a Nikon SLR?

Last edited by bpman on 19th Nov 2011 7:57pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #101034 19th Nov 2011 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 185 of 1375 <123 ... 184185186 ... 137313741375>