Post Reply  Down to end
Page 184 of 1375 <123 ... 183184185 ... 137313741375>
Print this entire topic · 
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
MuddyMarky wrote:
warren wrote:
MuddyMarky wrote:

So, they'll need it all day, yet may not collect it until lunchtime??? And the *insert polite name here* want to charge me £25 for a 'courtesy' vehicle to sort out a LR warranty issue!!

I thought a courtesy car was supplied free when yours is in for warranty work? The only time I've had to pay is when I was under 25, or when it's been in for just a service.

You'd think, wouldn't you? That's just one of the reasons I'm phoning to cancel them picking mine up in the morning and going to inform them exactly of the reasons why they won't be laying a spanner/hand on my truck ever again.

If you take you car to the garage for warranty work they can charge you for a courtesy car. But if you call LRA and have them tow it in they have to provide you with a courtesy car free of charge Thumbs Up Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #100624 17th Nov 2011 10:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
casher

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
i wish i was aloud to pay for a c car, except im too young Sad bad times!
Post #100648 17th Nov 2011 11:34pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
my local dealer used to lend out FL2s but they now use Hyundi small hatchbacks. BM52
Post #100650 17th Nov 2011 11:38pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I know I'm digressing a bit, but in one of my previous lives I was a shepherd on a large estate in north Oxfordshire and my works truck would go in for a service every 4 months. It was a japanese thing that I did my best to kill Whistle (succeeded in giving it a few major illnesses Wink ) The long and short of it is that every time I took it to the dealer, straight after morning shepherding, they'd chuck me the keys to a Daihatsu Charade Question Then I would return to work and carry on my job. ..............2 working collies would be in the back, I may that day be continuing worm drenching lambs, dipping one of the flocks, footrimming(seemed to be doing that every day Rolling Eyes ) and whatever. Anyway, by the time I returned the car, it would not be in the same state of valet as when I got it.

It became a challenge to see how dirty I could get it(they had 3 or 4 they used as courtesy cars) and I had asked them if there was any other vehicle they could give me, a van or the like, but no allways one of those damn Charades Rolling Eyes I'd get a different one every time so got them all into a state, give them their due they must have worked hard getting shot of the smells Whistle
Post #100655 18th Nov 2011 12:08am
Paul_1978

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
Buzz wrote:
Back from another 1200 mile Highlands trip for work. No problems to report. Best fuel economy 29 worst 25 with a head wind on the way home.

Click image to enlarge

Ive paddled from Laggan Dam when the pipes were blowing, one of the funniest launches ive every seen, a kayak flying down that steep hill into the river followed by the owner.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #100673 18th Nov 2011 9:10am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Glynparry25 wrote:

It is also getting the ABS/TC mod done at the same time Smile

Which mod is this please?
Post #100683 18th Nov 2011 10:11am
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
blackwolf wrote:
Glynparry25 wrote:

It is also getting the ABS/TC mod done at the same time Smile

Which mod is this please?

I can't remember the number/ code of the bulletin, and my TOPIx ran out last week. But if you have the ABS/TC light constantly on and certain ECU fault codes there are a couple of earth checks, and continuity checks to do, and if they are all ok they have to change valves in the modulator.

I am sure someone with TOPIx could post the bulletin.

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #100689 18th Nov 2011 11:19am
Buzz

2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Tonga Green
Paul_1978 wrote:
Buzz wrote:
Back from another 1200 mile Highlands trip for work. No problems to report. Best fuel economy 29 worst 25 with a head wind on the way home.

Click image to enlarge

Ive paddled from Laggan Dam when the pipes were blowing, one of the funniest launches ive every seen, a kayak flying down that steep hill into the river followed by the owner.

Great shoot! Looks fun!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #100703 18th Nov 2011 12:39pm
wurzell

United Kingdom 
eastnor castle
hi Very Happy weve just got back from eastnor castle l r experience what a great time we had, we would recommend it if you havent done it Thumbs Up many thanks to steve at lookers park royal Thumbs Up paul n tash

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #100815 18th Nov 2011 10:02pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Re: eastnor castle
wurzell wrote:
hi Very Happy weve just got back from eastnor castle l r experience what a great time we had, we would recommend it if you havent done it Thumbs Up many thanks to steve at lookers park royal Thumbs Up paul n tash

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I take it the car park wasn't like this then? Whistle

Click image to enlarge

I was so lucky the last time I went, was just me and an Experience instructor Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #100830 18th Nov 2011 11:32pm
wurzell

United Kingdom 
hi jwl Very Happy it would of been great in the snow,tasha was blown away by what her defender can do a real eye opener,we guessed we would be sharing the car with other people but were pleasantly surprised when it was just an instructor and us Thumbs Up paul n tash
Post #100855 19th Nov 2011 7:18am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
wurzell wrote:
hi jwl Very Happy it would of been great in the snow,tasha was blown away by what her defender can do a real eye opener,we guessed we would be sharing the car with other people but were pleasantly surprised when it was just an instructor and us Thumbs Up paul n tash

I'd love to do the Eastnor course. I have never done it, even thought I have been to the show (LRW??) many times. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #100879 19th Nov 2011 10:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MuddyMarky

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
What sort of cost is involved for the day? Would it be worth getting a group together for those that fancy it/never done it? I know quite a few wouldn't be interested, but it wouldn't take that many of us to make it, would it?

Party Monkey, where are you? You might have gotten yourself another organising job! Smile Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #100881 19th Nov 2011 10:08am
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
MuddyMarky wrote:
What sort of cost is involved for the day? Would it be worth getting a group together for those that fancy it/never done it? I know quite a few wouldn't be interested, but it wouldn't take that many of us to make it, would it?

Party Monkey, where are you? You might have gotten yourself another organising job! Smile

I took the wife for a FREE half a day at Eastnor. I just called them up, said we were interested in driving a D4...thats what she wanted to drive and they hooked us up. Very nice setting, very nice people...even got special permission to do a drive by at the castle / folly thing by the owners.

D4 was great on and off road but at £53K a little strong for me.

So i'd say just call, or if you've recently bought a vehicle ak your dealer to get a promo number.
Post #100883 19th Nov 2011 10:14am
wurzell

United Kingdom 
hi Very Happy i would follow up on what tig up has just posted,i spoke to my sister last night she drives a rr vogue and she is going to chat to the local dealer stafford lr and see if they can sort her out a 1/2 day complimentary experience,tasha has just said she wants to take hers around the course Whistle Shocked but sadly the date in january to do this is fully booked Thumbs Up paul n tash
Post #100891 19th Nov 2011 10:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 184 of 1375 <123 ... 183184185 ... 137313741375>