↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > Smart charging, EV Tariffs & Tracking kW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Biffyg

Smart charging, EV Tariffs & Tracking kW
Tried to set low cost hours on my p400e last night so it should charge between midnight and 7am, still trying to work out what happened but came out to a still empty battery this morning. I accepted an EV tariff with 7p a kWh yesterday and wanted to get this working asap to see how much it could charge in that 7 hours.

I have just deleted my 8.25am precondition to see if that helps but even after selecting immediate charging this morning the car was still showing waiting to charge - quite confused on how to get this working as there are now defunct options referred to on other posts and the iguide route doesn't seem to work - mainly because the pivipro has been updated and the iguide hasn't been.

Anybody had similar?

As I am still using the granny charger and would like to know what kWh the car is using each day - is there no function to see this in the pivi pro or in the app?

edit: updated pre-conditon on the app but it was still on the car - car has a message saying changes made will take effect on next charging cycle but what does that mean? tried unplugging locking unlocking etc. I don't know why i'm not getting the charge now button. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1039111 4th Jul 2024 9:40am
Biffyg

This seemed to solve itself. Maybe because I cleared the app storage but anyway it charged with the granny charger from empty to full in the 7 hours of cheap leccy last night. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1039193 5th Jul 2024 10:54am
adp2888

United Kingdom 
I have the Simpson & partners charger- the app is great so you can set your charge schedule manually or it has preset schedules dependent on EV tariff (Octopus Go in this case). Tend to use this rather than the LR app.
Post #1039337 7th Jul 2024 10:42am
adp2888

United Kingdom 
I should say also- it then knows your £/kWh and tells you the energy used/cost, collates this into daily/monthly for you also so you can track your “fuel bill” if you like. I believe Octopus Go is currently 8.5p/kWh from 0030-0530
Post #1039338 7th Jul 2024 10:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1