↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone added Ambient lighting to a L663?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gareth

England 
Has anyone added Ambient lighting to a L663?
Unfortunately due to covid parts supply issues, my 2021 Defender X Dynamic HSE could not have ambient lighting fitted when I bought it new. It would have delayed the order so chose to delete them.

Is it possible to add them aftermarket? 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #1038986 2nd Jul 2024 8:56pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
There’s a video on YouTube from Midlands LR centre that states they do it. Search ambient light retrofit on YT. I think Hunters and PowerfulUK also do it. 24MY D300 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1039010 3rd Jul 2024 10:54am
DaveCNB

United States 
The videos I've seen about retrofitting the ambient lighting all seem like it's a pretty involved process (have to take apart many interior body panels and the dash....) and you need a GAP tool to activate the function for your PIVI Pro to control the custom colors.

As a way easier/cheaper alternative, I got these foot well light modules from Powerful UK which you can change set the color to white, blue or red. They dim properly and are brighter than the stock/OEM light modules:

https://www.powerfuluk.com/collections/new...r-l663-2pc

They're really nice and just £17.50 GBP for a pair (one each for the front left and right foot wells) and only take a couple of minutes to install -- super easy. It's not as comprehensive as the fully adjustable ambient lighting option, but if you are fine with blue or red, it's a 80% solution for much less money....

The lighting at the door handles and the door pockets remain white, but it's pretty easy to apply blue/red translucent color tape over the installed stock lighting strips to get all the lights to match. Yeah, low tech, but most folks will probably not notice the difference and alot easier/cheaper/riskier than taking apart your dash and door trim panels. --------------------------------

"Chonky" 2024 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE P400, Pangea Green, Air Suspension, Off Road Pack, Urban Pack (exposed recovery points), Factory Side Steps
Post #1047709 5th Oct 2024 6:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1