↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > USA Defender 2020 and InControl outside US region
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
copysat

United Arab Emirates 
USA Defender 2020 and InControl outside US region
I purchased a 2020 Land Rover Defender 110 from the United States during my studies there. The InControl app was working efficiently, and the car was paired with no issues. However, the story took a turn when I shipped the car to the UAE. Upon arrival, I tried to pair and link my car to the InControl system, but all my attempts were unsuccessful. Additionally, the Wi-Fi feature also stopped working.

I created a new account with the UAE as the region, hoping to link the car to it, but I couldn’t make it work. Despite trying various methods, none were successful. After doing some research on forums, I read that I might need to replace the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) in the car. This is something I’m considering, but I have a question for those with experience: If I replace the TCU with one compatible with the region, will it work? Are there programming methods that could enable this option?
Post #1045610 12th Sep 2024 9:12am
Oswiperus

United Kingdom 
Have you removed the Defender from your USA Incontrol account? Just a thought.[/b] 110 D300 SE Tasman blue
Post #1045614 12th Sep 2024 9:59am
copysat

United Arab Emirates 
Yes, I have removed the car from my U.S. account. The account was working fine, but I was facing an issue with the map and location services. After removing the car and trying to add it to my UAE account, it is not accepting it, and the reason is mentioned above.
Post #1045722 13th Sep 2024 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1