↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > irratic performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dudley472

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Keswick Green
irratic performance
i have a 2014 defender, had it since February, before this I had an 09 2.4, which was remapped and went well, I've never been happy with the new one really, big disappointment compared to the old one, I just put it down to the re map and I've been researching getting the new one done, my fuel economy is poor, I get 25 mpg whereas ii got over 30 out of the old one, my driving is the same, mostly just knocking around town, its a big difference, I am aware the 2.2 needs a good run regularly which it gets.... anyway, yesterday drove to the supermarket (2 miles) did my shopping got in and set off, I could tell instantly something was different, it sounded different, it was crisp and responsive even my wife commented that it sounded different, it pulled stronger than it ever has, today its back to normal.... can someone explain this please or am I going mad ??

although, it has to be said this is not the first time this has happened, thought i'd imagined it but no, definitely not
Post #580592 26th Nov 2016 4:45pm
Roy5695

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Indus Silver
You will have noticed the dpf doing its regen. Then many posts on here about it. The turbo opens fully up and the timing is changed.

A remap will make a massive difference. 2011 Defender DCPU 2.2 - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic30623.html

Instagram - @r22oyp

Roy
Post #580644 26th Nov 2016 7:38pm
dudley472

I've noticed the dpf doing a regen, normally just after a run on the motorway, the engine seems to roar even on tickover, i'd only done a couple of miles so I discounted this but I have to say the symptoms are similar, but it only sounded different when I moved off, it just felt so sharp, it made me think there has been something wrong with it all this time, i'll check some other threads thanks very much
Post #580649 26th Nov 2016 7:56pm
dudley472

yes, a quick look indicates the dpf was doing its regen, and yes i'm going for a remap I think BAS is the way to go
Post #580654 26th Nov 2016 8:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1