↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Coffee machines?? Recommendations please?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
jomara wrote:
Currently have a Jura Z9 bean to cup machine in the kitchen, brilliant machine, has a vast selection of drinks which can all be fine tuned to your tastes Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Snap.

Brilliant machines, Swiss quality and my first one lasted 10-years before I was tempted into an upgrade with the offer of half my money back of the original purchase price to use against a new one.

They are higher than the OPs budget but I have seen serviced, preowned, machines sell for circa £500 on eBay.
Post #486658 29th Dec 2015 7:01pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
Santa brought a Tassimo machine.

I haven't slept for 72hrs now!! Shocked

Caffeined outta my nut!!!! Thumbs Up Whistle My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #486684 29th Dec 2015 7:55pm
McGeordie

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Montalcino Red
I've got one of these, had it about 10yrs, just overhaul it every 3/4 with new gaskets, use it every day 3 or 4 times with expresso ground coffee and its great, might not be as fancy as a machine, but it really nicely made and I like the process, oh, and added bonus, its robust, and I can take it away with me if I'm going on my hols:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Presso-ROK-Espress...B0012IQ92C Sold Def 90 HT 2010...Stornaway..(SOLD in Oct 2014)
Current: delivered October 2014:- 110 USW XS.....Montalcino Red
Post #486735 29th Dec 2015 10:13pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Whoopsies Daisies...
All this talk of Bean to Cup and caffeine addictions has driven me nuts during my recent challenges... Whistle

What with that little boost and feeling great now Spring is on the way, we have just ordered a fairly decent Bean to Cup machine... Mr. Green

Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #490644 10th Jan 2016 5:43pm
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Venomator wrote:
All this talk of Bean to Cup and caffeine addictions has driven me nuts during my recent challenges... Whistle

Rog, when you're ready to have a bean-to-cup machine that rivals your Defender in the awesomeness stakes, lets chat about you buying a Jura machine Wink Mr. Green
Post #491349 12th Jan 2016 10:13am
ken

United Kingdom 
Rog

Great choice is that Machine I have One in the Kitchen One in the Cave Thumbs Up (Oh its technically not a B2C machine which is a good thing)

Remember smaller bags of coffee are fab Try a monthly delivery from kopi Thumbs Up
Post #491350 12th Jan 2016 10:21am
stricko

United Kingdom 
Ours is a Gaggia Classic - about £250

Not the capsule type but lovely coffee nevertheless. ---------------------------------------------------------------
Post #491408 12th Jan 2016 2:57pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Smaller is definitely Fresher... :)
ken wrote:
Rog

Great choice is that Machine I have One in the Kitchen One in the Cave Thumbs Up (Oh its technically not a B2C machine which is a good thing)

Remember smaller bags of coffee are fab Try a monthly delivery from kopi Thumbs Up

Nice one Ken, thanks, although I'm not sure what you mean by 'technically not a B2C'... Question

Arrived yesterday bang on time and we spent most of the evening getting acquainted with it... Whistle

I agree absolutely with the smaller is fresher approach and had already ordered a weekly delivery from Pact.com, which just happened to be the Sage Oracle's recommended source (with a voucher for a free first delivery from Pact, which has already been credited against our initial purchase by Pact... Bow down )... Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #491733 13th Jan 2016 10:44am
ken

United Kingdom 
Its not a Bean to Cup

Separate Grinder to Infusion (which is a good BTW) Thumbs Up

Twin boiler prep Coffee n Milk at the same time Thumbs Up
Post #491740 13th Jan 2016 11:01am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
More confused than ever now Ken... Rolling with laughter

Beans go in the top and coffee arrives in the cup... Whistle

We have Josh from Sage coming to show us the finer points of the using The Oracle on Monday, all part of the deal... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #491755 13th Jan 2016 11:52am
ken

United Kingdom 
Rog White Glove service really (They don't have Green Gloves)
Post #491788 13th Jan 2016 2:31pm
gabe3105

United Kingdom 
I was never really much into coffee until I got a DeLonghi Magnifica bean to cup machine, but they are much better than instant and I am really enjoying it.

Being one to always keep an eye open for future upgrades, I am intrigued, given the difference in price between mine (about £300) and the Sage ( Shocked ), how it could produce so much better quality coffee. Surely if you are starting off with a coffee bean and then turning it into coffee, what more can it do or how can it do it better?

The blurb on the Sage website also only seems to mention Espresso - I take it you can also do a "normal" long coffee with it?
Post #491805 13th Jan 2016 3:23pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
Hi Gabe - I suppose the simple answer is The Oracle is a fully automatic machine, although it can do manual equally well, and there is a lot more to it, including, as Ken already mentioned, a separate boiler for coffee and the milk bubbly thing... Whistle

We have had a Nespresso machine for a long time, in fact we have two, but the 'real' coffee experience with The Oracle was something I considered long and hard, but having survived a serious illness last year, I realised there is no time like the presence to give these things (and much more!) a shot - pun intended... Laughing

Of course, it also has Heston's name applied to it, so that has to be worth at least half the cost... Rolling with laughter

Additionally, the company, Sage, send out a White Glove representative to show you how to use it properly... Thumbs Up

ken wrote:
Rog White Glove service really (They don't have Green Gloves)

Yes, that's the one Ken, I will loan him my own Green gloves for the duration of his stay... Mr. Green  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #491854 13th Jan 2016 5:42pm
Organic

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
We've had our Gaggia Classic since 2002 and it's a great bit of kit. The odd descale it all it has required maintenance wise. However, we do use bottle water in it though, as our tap water is very hard.
Post #491864 13th Jan 2016 6:05pm
alfred.

Italy 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
From an Italian coffee lover Laughing , my recommendation is SAECO Poemia Wink DEFENDER 110 SW Puma 2.2 Corris Grey "ROKKO TORPES II"
Post #491869 13th Jan 2016 6:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234