↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Uprated factory-style alloy wheel nuts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gasket

Uprated factory-style alloy wheel nuts?
Hi everyone. I've never been a fan of the factory wheel nuts - with the chrome pressed cap.

Until today, I didn't realise there was an alternative, but just found these: https://www.lrparts.net/vehicle/land-rover...ailable.ht

I'm sure there are plenty of other alternatives.

Mine are quite rusty around the captive washer and at that sort of price, I could easily replace them all. But before I order them, if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. I have looked at Wrington Engineering, but I don't think I would want to go to stainless steel and they are out of budget anyway.

I'd be interested in finding a way to protect them from rust too - but very conscious about spraying anything at all slippery near the tyres and brakes - so not sure if ACF50 is the right thing, never having used it before.
Post #949332 14th Apr 2022 9:29am
Linds Hanson

United Kingdom 
They are the original style fitted to RRC when factory 3 spoke alloys became available in the early 80`s they dont expand but they do get alloy corrosion. Would probably apply Lanoguard grease to the standard nuts before fitment. Wouldnt recommend spraying anything as the road filth will stick to it and make a mess.
Post #949333 14th Apr 2022 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1