↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Another lost customer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Tim, I have a Morgan Plus 8 - if you can get into one of them with the hood up you can get into anything Whistle

By the way I have ordered the Countryman - I think the hatchback would be a little low for everyday driving Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #864235 29th Oct 2020 2:22pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
One of my wife's cars is a Mini Cooper S clubman

Apart from some front tyres and servicing its needed nothing.

Its was almost new when we bought it, apparently a Chap with an X5 was down sizing so ticked almost every box. However its seems after only a few miles they felt it was too small. The list price was close to £38,000 which is crazy for a Mini but their loss was our gain Smile

Its a great car to drive so much tech. comfy, quite, nippy but I do have to lift myself out of it Smile

Back to JLR My dad has a FFRR and as Tim the informatics has not updated on many occasions, having to have trips to the dealer to sort.... then they give him a Loan car... so Bearing in mind like all these dealers you cannot park your customer car for new LR cars everywhere..

What do they give him as a loan car, Maybe his wife would like an Evoke, Velar.. give him that to try... Nope a Vauxhall corsa Rolling with laughter

He took it in recently with the slightest mark on the front bumper... Quote for £900 to sort. In the end he got a local to me dent guy who did this and one of his other cars with a mark for £300 all in Smile

It seems unfortunate that once you have bought off them they don't really care... even sadder that they seem to sit back and people come to them for their next car unaware that behind the posh coffee and leather chairs once they have sold you a car... they move to the next kill. No loyalty, no personal touch, follow up old fashioned customer service...

He's looking at a new car now and considering Bentley's and even Ferraris. I not sure they will favour any better.
Post #864250 29th Oct 2020 3:22pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Another example of JLR's lack of 'detail' is in regards to their Approved vehicles - my wife's DS before she got the Velar.

The dealer never reset the Remote so for the remainder of the original subscription i could see where the car was, the journeys taken, mileage and could pretty well guess where the new owner was living Shocked

Ironically it is living just outside of Dartmoor where we would love to move to......

My advice is if you know anyone that has bought a second hand JLR it would be worth getting them to check that the previous owner has been blocked from seeing the vehicle.
Post #864331 29th Oct 2020 10:06pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
blackwolf wrote:
defender9 wrote:
... My Skoda Yeti has been utterly reliable and can’t fault it. ...

Why, oh why, did Skoda stop production of the Yeti? Big Cry

One of the best cars of recent times.

Absolutely, I think it’s the Karoq which is the replacement. Not sure it’s as practical as the old Yeti Sad
Post #864401 30th Oct 2020 12:35pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
^^ I believe that is correct, but the Karoq styling is so bland, it looks like every other car on the road. The Yeti was a distinctive car and a brilliant blend of funkiness and function, it stood out from the crowd, a bit like the real Defender. Very little does that now.
Post #864413 30th Oct 2020 2:10pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 
I said our last FFRR was the last Land Rover we would own.... there is now another FFRR on the drive and I am looking at 110's again! Awful reliability, but superb cars! The FFRR must be one of the best cars I have ever owned.

P.s I had a C350e from new in 2016... in year 1 it was off the road for just over 5 weeks in total Laughing so its not just JLR. BMW on the other hand, two from new and neither required anything other than servicing and disks and pads up to 80k when I sold them - great cars!
Post #864447 30th Oct 2020 5:12pm
kenzle8a

discomog wrote:
Tim, I have a Morgan Plus 8 - if you can get into one of them with the hood up you can get into anything Whistle

By the way I have ordered the Countryman - I think the hatchback would be a little low for everyday driving

I'm 6'4 and can get into and out of Mogs with the roof on. I can even manage it on my father in laws 4/4 super sport race car with the added roll cage and bucket seat. Although I'm glad his +8 doesn't have the roof on most of the time when its being raced as it makes getting in and out a touch easier.

The only time I've ever felt scared in a Mog was on the dual carriageway in the +8 when I could see under a Range Rover that went past me...

We've been trying to decide what to replace my wifes Octavia 4x4 with, we had a Disco Sport for a week in Europe and loved it, but she also likes the Mini Country man as well.
Post #864451 30th Oct 2020 5:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12