↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > JLR Extended test drive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
RDR

United Kingdom 
There was talk of the 130 not coming to the UK my dealer says he has heard nothing like that on the grape vine and expects it at some point next year. Dealer also seems to think there will be a 2/3 seater 80 on the way. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #852773 28th Aug 2020 9:29pm
J77

Scotland 
Land Rover 80 has been spoken about for a while, code name L860.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-£25k-land-rover-be-followed-luxo-defender
Post #852779 28th Aug 2020 9:37pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
We drove a D240SE today from the kind people at Beadles Staples corner. Amazing spec and very impressed with the drive on the road. I’ve done two experiences with LR but not much on road.

We went to try D5 and Defender but we’re not bothered to drive the D5 after the time in the Defender.

The spec on the base and S just blows me away. We don’t need an SE or HSE however much we want one!

So I again wanted to dislike the thing. The looks don’t do it for me but the actual vehicle is a cracker. I have now spent 2 LR experiences in one and a 3hr test drive. Feels invincible and world proof. Lots of plastic and not industrial or utility at all.

We spent a lot of the drive discussing if we felt awkward being seen in it and ‘was it us’. Never felt that in the old one. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #853006 29th Aug 2020 9:15pm
Tim in Scotland

You can’t see the outside once you are driving it......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #853016 29th Aug 2020 10:55pm
Scoobeenut

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Santorini Black

Click image to enlarge

We got to take out the D240 1st Edition for the whole day yesterday and even found a nice 90 to park next to. We had booked the normal 3 hour slot but upon arrival at the dealership the vehicle had not yet been returned. The manager told the staff to bring a brand new one down from the rooftop car park and slapped some trade plates on and said off you go and just bring it back before closing time.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed driving it throughout the day, yes its a different kettle of fish to what we all know and love but it is still a very capable and comfortable car. Loved the rear facing camera on the internal mirror giving a great view behind, noticed a bit of an annoying whistle from the sun roof when it was closed so some kind of problem up there. It definitely feels like a big car and takes up a lot of road, not sure how it would be on narrow country lanes or a sunken overgrown track. Would I buy one? Yes if I could afford it or could justify the premium price tag but I would never get rid of my current Def.
Post #853146 30th Aug 2020 6:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456