↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Land Rover new car survey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Land Rover new car survey
Just thumped onto the porch floor, a thick envelope containing a “confidential” 8 page survey on my New Defender being conducted on behalf of JLF by Ipsos-MORI. It’s very comprehensive and asks to detail all the issues, things I don’t like, things I like, things I would change........... it can also be completed online with a unique user name and password issued in the covering letter sent out by JLR not Ipsos. To me that meansLR Sales can still read the surveys that are supposed to be confidential between me and Ipsos and can of course identify the person completing the survey. Maybe I’m just a bit too cynical but I’ve been contacted out of the blue by JLR after being surveyed before! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849712 13th Aug 2020 11:54am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
I know what you mean Tim

When I worked as an account manager for a large insurance company we use to get two or three ‘confidential’ surveys a year. Funny how the line manager and their boss knew the outcome days after they were posted. It just got to the point where it was easier to lie just to get it out of the way and keep the peace.

In your case, just tell the truth in a professional and constructive way. Some of the things you love, other won’t and visa versa. Those experiences will be noted and ignored. They will be looking for common issues which hopefully will drive improvements not just to the vehicle but to the entire buying and after sales experience. The latter JLR desperately need to get on top of.

Just read the small print and don’t tick the box giving permission to donate one or more kidneys to the design team Whistle

Good luck Thumbs Up

Ps, could you ask them for a red paint option, wife’s favourite colour......just saying.
Post #849717 13th Aug 2020 12:14pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
We often get them at work. Completely confidential but ask your age group, gender, the section you work in, and one or two other non-specific things which in combination make it blindingly obvious who is answering. We tend to give them a stiff ignoring.
Post #849735 13th Aug 2020 1:15pm
Tim in Scotland

I bet if I told them I was negotiating to return it as unfit for purpose due to abysmal QC and was going to spread it on FB and Twitter I’d be contacted like a shot............

Among the questions are “do you have any rattles? “ and “does the car leak?” To which my answer will be “I thought those were standard kit on a Defender of any age. Part of the DNA” Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849749 13th Aug 2020 2:36pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Would Uncle Gerry claim that the "rattles and leaks" were specific design cues from previous defenders? Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #849754 13th Aug 2020 2:51pm
Tim in Scotland

Fortunately my dealer has not responded with “it’s a Defender, they are all like that Sir” Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #849755 13th Aug 2020 2:52pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
@Tim - at least your dealer didn't program in the RAC or AA breakdown emergency numbers? Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #849756 13th Aug 2020 2:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Rolling with laughter Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #849758 13th Aug 2020 2:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1