↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RHD to LHD conversion - 2006 Defender 110 CSW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
BizLightyear

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Chawton White
wyvern wrote:
BizLightyear wrote:
[
We are not overlanding Chile, we are returning to live there again Thumbs Up

Please don't miss out on Chile on your future overlanding trip Bow down It is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in the world and great for overlanding. I know of a South African family overlanding Chile in a RHD Defender 130, whom you can ask how they did it. This is the link to their website https://www.a2aexpedition.com/ Smile

I want to see the county as its one of the top spots of the world but may do it as a stand alone if I can’t take my own transport
... you may be getting a visit ! Thumbs Up Mr. Green

We would be happy to receive visitors once we are back in Chile again. FYI, renting a vehicle in Chile is super expensive, but a very good, safe and reliable way to see the country is by bus. I know it's not the same as overlanding yourself, but they will get you to almost every corner of the country in comfort and at very reasonable prices.

It is in spanish, but here is a link to one of the bus carriers in Chile: https://www.pullmanbus.cl/portalWAR/paginas/index.jsf#header
Post #831194 15th May 2020 10:58am
BizLightyear

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Chawton White
Teario wrote:
I would suggest trying carriages auto services in manchester. They ship a lot to the states so I'm sure they have a supply of LHD parts. They are doing a LHD build for me at the moment which started life as a RHD, although it's under different circumstances and mine's not a ROW spec. I know they did have a row 90 in recently for work but obviously don't have any specifics on what was done.

I tried the usual overland build companies here in the UK, as well as some exporters that I figured would be able to do the work. Honestly it seems like there's little interest in them doing a conversion. I was struggling to find an affordable, solid LHD and it was hard to fly overseas to take a look at anything so that sent me down the conversion route. Most companies didn't get back to me or tried to sell me one from their stock, which would have been okay but they were all out of my budget. Only one place even took an interest in taking a vehicle in for conversion and they said they'd need a year to give me a quote. I thought surely they must mean a model year so I gave them one and never heard back. But 12 months haven't passed so I guess there's still time...

Thanks a lot for your reply Thumbs Up
Post #831195 15th May 2020 11:10am
Mo Murphy

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Pennine Grey
There's an English tab on the site Thumbs Up
Mo The Land Rover 90 - Many are called, few are chosen.
Post #831196 15th May 2020 11:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12