↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Swap] A long shot!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
1963bus

United Kingdom 
[Swap] A long shot!
Been hankering after another defender, not rich Embarassed always have to sell what I have first to finance purchase of the next.

My wife hates me changing motors, I'm the only driver in the family, Billy no mates as we live in the middle of no where so buying, selling, even viewing can be a fricking nightmare.

In my own little dream world someone is going to be tired of their defender Whistle fancy a change or see a way to earn a few quid out of a swap Thumbs Up

I currently have a Japanese import 4.0L sport Wrangler, 2001, 45k miles, pretty near rust free. According to the dealer/importer it has a £5k suspension/body lift, really rare half doors I've seen fetch a grand on ebay, Jap alloys, nice Yokohama's, it's really pretty. Now I paid £9k for this [I have receipt] Jap imports are now dearer than UK ones!!! you pay a premium for lows miles and rust free, never used to but you do now.

Here's Wrangler:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

This last pic is under the front wing where all the UK ones rot out first.

Click image to enlarge

My second offering is my L200 Trojan truck, I only bought a few months ago as my company transferred me to a different branch 40 miles away, I wasn't prepared to stick 80 mile a day on the wrangler so bought this. Anyhow, been transferred back and get to use a company van.
Truck is quite pretty, nice leather interior, A.C and cost me £5k, here's a couple of pic's of truck but plenty more if you want them.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

That's my motors, I have another couple of grand I can chuck in so I have about £16k all in!

Ideally someone wants both motors as I don't need two being the only driver, again they have a mate who can help collect, obviously I can drive one back for someone if they're prepared to fetch me back. Both motors are legal on the road with at least 10 months MOT on each.
Anymore info please get in touch [if embarrassed PM me ha ha]

Oh! better ad what I'm looking for. Post 2002 as I have a personal plate sat on retention, don't mind 90 or 110, seats and windows in the back.

Thanks for looking/reading
Brian.
P.S. I have had a lot of defenders in the past, only bought the Jeep for a change [blame Fred Wilson], please be realistic, seen some 1980's ones out there with a bit of bling commanding near £20k!!!!!!!
Post #809907 12th Jan 2020 12:29pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Jeep looks cool!!

You are likely to get more hits selling separately no? I mean what are the chances someone is looking for a Wrangler and an L200 and at the same time is looking to get rid of a Defender?

Probably slim to none (and slim's on holiday)! So longer than a long shot I think.
Post #809912 12th Jan 2020 1:00pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Wranglers up for sale separately, if that sells and I then offer the truck up and sell that I can't get to view anything I'd be interested in Crying or Very sad I bought my last defender probably 45 minutes drive away from me, took 5 hours on the train to get there Shocked

I do know where you're coming from though, hoping someone on here dabbles and see's a chance to make a few quid Wink

Ideal world it'll work, if it doesn't I'm no worse off and can say I tried Very Happy

Cheers
Brian
Post #809914 12th Jan 2020 1:11pm
calum

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Zambezi Silver
Sounds like you're looking for a more expensive defender but if you want one that you can add value to, I have a 2004 TD5 county station wagon (not a conversion - original factory CSW). I know with a bit of attention to the body and a few choice extras this is a 12k, 13k+ car but as it is I was going to list at 9k. 125k miles, stage 2 tuned. Bodywork needs attention and there's water getting in to the cabin somewhere. Has a new windscreen and alpines have been professionally refitted and sealed so that's two areas already eliminated.

Let me know if this is of any interest. I'd swap for the jeep.

Calum
Post #809917 12th Jan 2020 1:16pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Hi Calum

I'll PM you my email for some pic's but I spotted you're a bloody long way off, I'm in Lincolnshire.

I'd have the truck to sell so I'd have money to spend on your motor if it panned out.

Cheers
Brian
Post #809918 12th Jan 2020 1:24pm
Hairysteve

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Barolo Black
Good luck Brian and let us know how your situation is once you have sold your trucks as my 2009 Puma 110 will be coming up for sale soon.

Cheers

Steve
Post #809939 12th Jan 2020 4:48pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Cheers Steve
Will keep you posted
Brian
Post #809941 12th Jan 2020 5:09pm
skodaman

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi there, your swop idea caught my eye. My girlfriend loves the jeep, the truck would be a fine workhorse, and there is a nice series 2a available the same age as me! If your still interested in swop, I've got a 2007 110 CSW about 115k. It all works fine (well it will do, just fitting a new clutch master, and it has developed a niggling engine fault which is probably MAF or MAP sensor - just need to get it on diagnostics, after I get it's new MOT, after I fix the clutch - hey! It's a Defender.

Let me know if interested _ I havent a clue what Mine's worth, not really looked at the market for defenders since people became absurd!
Post #812416 29th Jan 2020 4:07am
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Hi
Will get back to you when home from work
Cheers
Brian
Post #812474 29th Jan 2020 2:00pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
skodaman wrote:
Hi there, your swop idea caught my eye. My girlfriend loves the jeep, the truck would be a fine workhorse, and there is a nice series 2a available the same age as me! If your still interested in swop, I've got a 2007 110 CSW about 115k. It all works fine (well it will do, just fitting a new clutch master, and it has developed a niggling engine fault which is probably MAF or MAP sensor - just need to get it on diagnostics, after I get it's new MOT, after I fix the clutch - hey! It's a Defender.

Let me know if interested _ I havent a clue what Mine's worth, not really looked at the market for defenders since people became absurd!

Hi ya skodaman

Value of your's, well a quick check on ebay tells me it's worth £12,000 - £42,000 Shocked
Realistically I'd be up for a trade as I've seen plenty round the £16k mark, been offered 3 on here, one off ebay and one off facebook. What's killing the trades is distance! me being the only driver means I have no way of getting two motors to anywhere so looking at whoever's got the Landy coming to me first. I have had interested parties say bring the jeep up first and guess they then want me to drive home then drive the truck up for them to look at Rolling Eyes
I got offered a good deal as far as I was concerned with a 90 on here but seller lives in Scotland, just noticed you're up there as well. Not sure how we'd progress mate? I wouldn't dream of asking you to bring yours down here first on the off chance so to speak and I can't get two motors anywhere Sad

I don't suppose you live in Linc's or Yorkshire and forgot to change your avi?

If you think we can deal off pictures I'd need plenty, I have bought VW campers from pic's in the U.S. and Germany before.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks
Brian
I can PM you my email if you need it.
Post #812517 29th Jan 2020 6:49pm
skodaman

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply - just quick thoughts as I gotta run. Dealing from photos - not impossible, done it before - like you want lots of pics Smile Logistics and distance - either of yours got towing equipment? I could bring an empty trailer (Anyone in scotland got a trailer I can borrow?) . Are you in a rush to do a deal? Yes please, pm me your email

Cheers, Dave
Post #812645 30th Jan 2020 10:06am
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Hi Dave

Funny I bought the truck from a Scottish lorry driver that now lives down here, truck has Scottish flags on the reg plates and came from Fife Mitsubishi Laughing
The L200 has a towbar and electrics, I've never towed anything with it but think it's all factory fitted, it'll tow the jeep easy.

The previous owner paid £8.5k for the truck then another £1500 on load liner and bed cover, sold it to me for £5k as he now needed an automatic because of knee problems.

Anyhow I'll pm you my email

Thanks
Brian
Post #812722 30th Jan 2020 5:33pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Just spotted, in my first post I said I bought the Jeep because of Fred Wilson, ain't he the fishing guy Laughing

I meant Fred Williams, the "Dirt Everyday" guy Whistle

Post #812826 31st Jan 2020 11:07am
1963bus

United Kingdom 
I think this deals still available as not heard back from skodaman, don't blame him, Scotland's a long way to come for a motor especially if you ain't seen any of them in the flesh.

All offers considered especially if you're prepared to travel Wink
Post #813546 4th Feb 2020 2:57pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Little and last bump Thumbs Up
Post #818942 9th Mar 2020 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1