↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Wanted: Sankey Trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
christyler

Wanted: Sankey Trailer
Hi Guys,
the time has come for me to build a camping trailer, so i am looking for a sankey wide track trailer. I dont mind if its tatty as long as the chassis and running gear is ok, also i might consider a part built project or anything really. looking for idea's at the moment.

The problem is, living as i do in Ireland i cant buy anthing lik this here, Paying for the trailer is not a problem but if i have to the uk to collect one then the cost really rockets up.

so what would be really great is to find someone selling one that lives close to fisguard, pembroke or hollyhead ferry ports that would drop it to the ferry, for a small fee of cource.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks
Post #77004 21st Jun 2011 5:04pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
I will get my folks to keep an eye out for you as they live 20-30 mins from Fishguard... or if you need somewhere for a trailer to be dropped off and await collection I am sure they won't have any problems with it sitting on the farm for a little while to be sure.

What price range are you looking at?

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #77006 21st Jun 2011 5:27pm
Mike_B

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Java Black
I live in Holyhead, so could store it for you for a while before you collect it, if somebody needed to drop it off.

If you're looking for a expedition trailer build, why not try one of these? I've been looking seriously at them...

http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/r..._SALES.htm

they look to be in awesome condition. they're in grantham ( Lincolnshire) though.

Also, if you managed to buy one, you'd need a tow hitch for it. I'm sure there must be enough people here to be able to get it across the country. I can tow it from Liverpool to holyhead for you ( for a beer!!)
Post #77077 21st Jun 2011 10:20pm
christyler

thanks guys,

havent really thought about price just want a good one, if i can get one and get someone to bring it to the ferry for me, i can ship it over really cheaply.
Post #77089 22nd Jun 2011 12:29am
christyler

Update
Hi Guys,

well i have had no luck getting a trailer from anywhere so have decided to buy from Mod Sales. My next problem is to get someone to collect it from them and deliver it to a ferry port, preferably Pembroke or Fishguard, but Hollyhead would do as well.

I would be happy to pay the costs for someone to do this for me, they would need a nato hitch and a trailer board, Hopefully the Defender 2 courier network will work for me.
Post #79547 8th Jul 2011 5:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1