Home > Puma (Tdci) > Colour choices - paint availability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nellie

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Baltic Blue
Colour choices - paint availability
As a few folk have mentioned - it appears that:

"Following the devastating events in Japan in March we have been closely monitoring and assessing our supply chain in order to identify any issues.

Whilst Jaguar Land Rover has been able to contain potential disruption to date we do now have to take action in respect of one area of supply – Metallic paint.

This issue, which affects a number of automotive manufacturers, relates to the availability of 'xirallic' flakes that are an essential component of some of our metallic paints.

This issue affects 15 of our paint colours for 11MY and 12MY vehicles and as a consequence we are taking the following actions:

Replacing colours with close alternatives
Removing or suspending colours from the line-up
Delaying launch of colours
The 15 affected colours are Santorini Black, Stornoway Grey, Lago Grey, Firenze Red, Baltic Blue, Bali Blue, Kosrae Green, Nara Bronze, Rimini Red, Rousillon Red, Aintree Green, Colima Lime, Barolo Black, Havana and Mauritius Blue.

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander)
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey)
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products)
Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green
Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11)
Lago Grey
Rimini Red
Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only)
Aintree Green
Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana
Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only)
*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green
Current orders in the order bank will unavoidably be affected and the Sales and Supply Operations team will contact markets to communicate the process for amendments.

We appreciate the disruption this causes and ask for your understanding in managing the constraints we are facing in these unforeseeable circumstances. Our priority with these actions has been to continue to offer our customers a wide range of colour choices. "

Whilst this has come from the Evoque section of this site - what does it mean for us who have a 'discontinued' colour? Shocked

I think we will be stocking up with a few litres of 'spare' paint - will it keep in it's tin?
Post #74173 4th Jun 2011 10:24am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
As far as I know, the factory is back online so it won't affect future paint supplies for repairs/resprays etc.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #74174 4th Jun 2011 10:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nellie

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Baltic Blue
Very Happy Excellent Thumbs Up

(We may buy just a little but 'just in case')
Post #74175 4th Jun 2011 10:36am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Who'd of thought it !

Apparently a friend had a motorbike..R1 or Fireblade on order...that isn't coming either..!

Still, a tragic loss of lives that often gets forgotten Crying or Very sad
Post #74188 4th Jun 2011 11:21am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
I was shown this internal memo a while ago and the story that went round the dealerships was that "xirallic" can only be obtained from a local volcanic site which was now erupting. Bit tongue in cheek I think !!
Post #74191 4th Jun 2011 11:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1