Home > Puma (Tdci) > JLR Warranty Roof Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
schuee

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
JLR Warranty Roof Replacement
Good Afternoon All,

Just to put you in the picture, I had my roof replaced under LR warranty last October, beforehand I removed the G4 Expedition Roof Rack to aid the bodyshop with their work. On completion of job and on hand over I pointed out that the roof gutter was full of sealant and not even a good job of applying either in some places it is proud over the gutter and others a ripple effect lower than the gutter lip ? Going on this I said it would be impossible to fit my roof rack due to the thickness and hardness of the sealant, so anyway I accepted Defender back on the premise they would investigate the reason the new roof gutter had sealant applied.
Anyway 7 months later, have the go ahead to have another roof, as the previous had some imperfections, and the bodyshop advised me that they have rejected previous roofs due to them having the same issue with the gutters being full to the brim with sealant, so JLR's stance now is that all the roofs they ship out are the same, and the owness has been left on them to rework the roof to how my original was Big Cry
I'm not overly keen on another roof replacement as the new one seems to be pretty water tight, so they are looking into removing sealant and respraying as an option.

Has anybody else had or know of the same problem regards new roof replacements under warranty and possibly JLR reasons for this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Cheers

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 MY2011 110 XS USW
Post #707684 17th May 2018 11:38am
stanley

I had my roof replaced last year and it’s exacly the same , my OEM racks still fits on it , so might be worth giving it a try . I also noticed lots of, what looks like filled rivet holes months back . Make sure they have replaced the alphabet new windows seals too . Mine weren’t and the approved body shop manager at the time was an ignorant little 💩 who couldn’t give a toss as he was retiring said they all leak and refused to accept responsibility for it

Will take some photos when I get it back after it’s service today

Last edited by stanley on 17th May 2018 12:06pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #707689 17th May 2018 11:56am
schuee

I had thought about installing the rack again, though some of the area's where the brackets would sit, the sealant is actually higher than the gutter lip itself, and whatever they used is rock hard, so didn't even attempt it. Crying or Very sad MY2011 110 XS USW
Post #707690 17th May 2018 12:02pm
stanley

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I don’t think my gutters are as filled as yours . Still not sure what the holes are on the back of the roof are though ?
Post #707941 18th May 2018 7:21pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Those holes are strange and don’t even look level Shocked mind you that’s normal for a Defender
Post #707971 18th May 2018 8:37pm
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I think the spot welds on the back have some brackets on the back of them, the interior grab handles screw into them? Or they have fir trees in them for the interior trim. I think most defenders have them, its just the spot welder has been turned up too high, or too much pressure.
Post #707987 18th May 2018 10:17pm
schuee

stanley wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I don’t think my gutters are as filled as yours . Still not sure what the holes are on the back of the roof are though ?

Hi Stanley,

Yes yours look ok mate, whoever did mine looked like they practiced icing cakes in their spare time though very badly Laughing
zsd is correct the spot welds on the back of the roof are for the internal grab handle above the rear door, will keep you posted how I get on, JLR regional body repair rep is inspecting my Defender on Monday.

Cheers MY2011 110 XS USW
Post #708015 19th May 2018 7:32am
NMBRPL8

Australia 
Is there a reason why 70 years of development prevented landrover from putting these brackets so that an internal grab handle could be mounted above the front doors?
Post #708055 19th May 2018 12:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1