↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Battery boost pack with a built in compressor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
big ives

United Kingdom 
Battery boost pack with a built in compressor
Carried out a search on here but nothing conclusive that I could find in answer to my question again hopefully i have posted in the correct section, MODS please move if not.

I would like to get a Battery boost pack with a built in compressor capable of starting my V8; having goggled until I am blue in the face, I can’t see what I am after; can anyone recommend a descent unit that can be kept on charge in the landy and not cost over the odds?

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP it trickle charged up in the landy when I am driving on my long periods away from electric mains supplies, all the ones I have looked at appear not to have this in car charger capabilities??

Maybe I am looking at the wrong types?

Happy New Year (in a few hours) from the far east

Cheers Ivan 2016 Discovery 4
1989 90 CSW V8 (fully rebuilt and running like a dream)
1996 defender tray back fully rebuilt/loaded for challenge events
Post #674590 31st Dec 2017 7:21am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi Big Ives,

I've had a couple of cheapy 17Ah boost packs with built in compressors and to be honest they weren't brilliant.
OK for starting a smaller engine with a partially discharged battery, but not up to much else.
Also, the compressors were really cheap and noisy, taking forever to inflate a Defender sized tyre.

I now have a Ring RRP265 pack which has 33AH capacity and I have been very pleased with it. It can be charged via a 12 volt supply and comes with a cigar socket lead to do this. It doesn't have a built in compressor, but I have a separate Ring 4x4 12 volt tyre inflation compressor which can be plugged into the Defender cigar socket or the socket on the RRP265.

The RRP265 also has a 300w 240v inverter fitted which can be used for lower powered mains devices. And a USB output .

Not the cheapest, but I picked one up a couple of years ago when Halfords had some sort of deal on.

I don't carry it around in the Defender. It sits at home on a smart docking/charging station which is supplied with it.

I've started our 3 cyl diesel Chinese tractor with it a few times and a friend's old diesel Ford Mondeo, so I guess it should have enough kick to spin over a V8 petrol.
Post #674599 31st Dec 2017 9:35am
big ives

United Kingdom 
lohr500

thanks for the reply

yes just looked there now at this on halfords site

looking at the ones on fleabay, i will not be carrying mine in the defender all the time only when doing NC500 in July 2018 and hopefully Pyrenees in September 2018. Just trying to be self sufficient and hope i never need the damn thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RS1322HV-RoadSta...1438.l2649

and maybe this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIP-03936-Car-B...SwrhBZEzzB 2016 Discovery 4
Post #674614 31st Dec 2017 10:38am
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Have a look on Machine Mart website their Clarke booster pack has a compressor built in and comes with a charge lead that plugs in to cigar lighter to charge while driving. I’ve had one for years and it’s been faultless. 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #674666 31st Dec 2017 1:57pm
BobT

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
I have one of these and it started my 110 when the battery was so flat it wouldn’t open the doors with the fob, I’d left the internal light on for a couple of weeks as I keep it under a waterproof cover.
You can get a compressor that is powered off this I think, made by the same people.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Suaoki-Intelligen...suaoki+u10
Post #674681 31st Dec 2017 2:40pm
big ives

United Kingdom 
OK bought this Suaoki U10 having read all the reviews on line it appears to be the Dog b******s this new style is all alien to me as i am old school however i am open to move with the times Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

once i get home i will be discharging a full charged battery and conducting a full test on this new style jump starter, will keep everyone posted Thumbs Up 2016 Discovery 4
Post #675969 5th Jan 2018 3:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1