Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ferdinando

Portugal 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Galway Green
Steering damper
Hi guys,

I own a 2007 puma 2.4

i just spent 2 hours searching for any info in the forum, but nothing was up to my problem.

i just got my steering dumper replace for a bilstein B6, the strange thing is that even after the steering alignment the car runs to the left side (my car is a PUMA LHD), went to a realignment was still the same.

Just replace it for the old one and the problem stoped, does anyone had a similar problem? i have a couple of friends that used this same bilstein damper with no problems at all.

So after this i call the store and they told me that it is a normal thing since itīs a gas damper.

if you have any suggestions or comments please let me know.

best regards

Ferdi
Post #530393 10th May 2016 4:23pm
Bps

United Kingdom 
I had the same thing on my old 110td5. I fitted an "uprated gas steering damper" I can't recall the make now but it was driving me bonkers pulling all the time( I can't remember if it pulled left or right) tried in vain with tracking etc then one day I took it off to fit a steering guard and ended up running it without just to try and hey presto all was good again.As far as I could tell the gas was to higher pressure and wanted to force out the piston out all the time which in turn put pressure on the steering making it pull. I sent it back, got a refund and fitted a standard one on at the time and didn't have any issues. I'm running a terrafirma one with a spring now and if you don't set the spring correctly it can do the same
Post #530396 10th May 2016 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1