Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Defender window seals and channels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
itolond

Singapore 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alpine White
Defender window seals and channels
Hi forum.
My defender has electric Aftermarket windows, which work OK. one windows is not so good and gets stuck - the other are ok as long as there are no zombies trying to get in the window as they take quite a while to close. I have applies silicone lube to the sills and has helped somewhat but of course is no silver bullet.

So here is my take- I am guessing a combination of things impact this - one is the wiring is probably crap and does not carry enough current to the window motors (easy fix).

my first defender so not sure what to look for but my guess on the stuck window the channel is either shagged or out of alignment?, the other seals loom ok'ish

what is the best practice here ( i will be removing the doors for works over time is is just best to bite the bullet and replace the lot while they are off ? (ps locally we have heavy tropical rain, 35Deg and humidity to boot)

Are there any after market (better options) cool solutions i should consider over LR parts

also

there appears to be a few parts (strange names to me) how do i know what to replace (is there a kit?)

Experience and insights is what i seek here so i can get the job done once when they are off

(Defender 110 1997 SW -TDI300 )

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #526956 26th Apr 2016 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1