↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Advice on bying 2008 Puma Hardtop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Just washed images are an old trick, I'd rather see photos of it dry. If the seller usually uses that method of cleaning the interior no wonder the headlining is sagging. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #514956 16th Mar 2016 4:30pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
RED-DOT wrote:
Probably true Cupboard but there has been many a ship went to the bottom for saving on a bucket of tar?

Not sure I follow you? 7.50 Michelin Latitudes aren't some sort of cheap cop out, they work well in a broad spectrum of use.
Post #514976 16th Mar 2016 5:42pm
RED-DOT

Scotland 
I will probably wrong but i always thought 110's had a wider steel rim and tyre? 2008 RS4 gone, 123d M Sport, and a Puma 90 XS..
Post #514982 16th Mar 2016 6:13pm
Simon.pl

Poland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Keswick Green
Sooo - I am an almost happy owner of my first 110 Wink

I didn't buy the one I posted at the beginning, but found simmilar spec car (just with ABS and TC, but still without air con and electric windows).

She has 100 000km, first owner and full service history. There were some paint jobs on the front and rear, but nothing serious - just cosmetics. Looks quite good - didn't notice any marks of leaking (athough found two little round holes under the foot carpet) Shocked If one looks closer one can see the "English craft" Rolling with laughter but well - after everything I read it seems normal.

Picking her up tomorrow so will be able to answer all questions than Mr. Green

Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #515032 16th Mar 2016 7:59pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Looks better! 2016 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB Petrol
Post #515220 17th Mar 2016 10:03am
Cupboard

Thanks looks great, I'd happily swap mine for that!
Interesting that it's already got a wheel carrier on the back, that's a nice addition. I've not seen one with two rear steps before either.

RED-DOT wrote:
I will probably wrong but i always thought 110's had a wider steel rim and tyre?

There are a few different ones. Historically, there were the wide 1-ton wheels and a few others. Recently, there have been Wolf wheels which are 6.5" rims that can take 7.50, 235/85 and 255/85 tyres; and "standard" wheels which are 5.5" and can only take 205s and 7.50s. The Wolfs have the little holes round them, the standard ones don't. Some people put 235s on the standard wheels but it's against the manufacturer's specs.

Boosts and most other Land Rover alloys are 7" rims and as a result can't take 7.50s but can take 265s as they did on the 50th. As I understand there used to be a short wheelbase rim that was a bit narrower, so if you've got an 88" then that might have 5" rims.
Post #515221 17th Mar 2016 10:25am
jimbob7

ABS/Traction control was an option on ALL spec of vehicles prior to 2015(ish),mine's pov spec but has ABS/traction control.90's used to have smaller tyres,but I think they're now the same as 110's.The old Michelin 7.50 XPC were truely fantastic tyres and still sell for daft money on the bay.Don't know about their later 7.50 Latitude tyres,but will assume they are still great (especially in the snow). Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #515254 17th Mar 2016 12:21pm
Simon.pl

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thanks Chaps! Very Happy

I definitely need to get used to it Wink Switching from Disco 3 is like getting into the tractor Laughing All you can hear is the noise of the plain aluminium box, there is wind whiplashing my legs because of many little holes here and there, the clutch is tough, I got a feeling I could get out and push it to drive faster, and those mechanical windows, door locks one need to open and close selectively are just crazy. I have no idea if I love it or not (yet), but definitely will spend some time on it to improve few things and check it somewhere in the lanes, and than.. will decide if I should sell my Disco or not! Rolling with laughter

Got the second set of wheels as well - those must be Wolfs - heavy, made of steel, but those are 8" wide. Will see if I will use them or not. The list of things I would like to do is long, so first things first Wink I think 2" of proper lift at the beginning, frame protection and retro fitting of electric windows. Than will see Wink

Thumbs Up
Post #515356 17th Mar 2016 5:25pm
Cupboard

You can retro-fit central locking too.

Not saying you shouldn't do a lift, but go in with your eyes open. It's rare that you actually *need* to, you can fit 33" tyres (i.e. one size up from standard) without any lift, lifts don't improve ground clearance and do cause other issues.
Post #515493 17th Mar 2016 9:23pm
Simon.pl

Well - there is a plan for portals - but it's rather one of the last points on my list Mr. Green

In my opinion 2" is just perfect - improves the ground clearance for the body (had a lot of such situations in Georgia last year when heavy Disco was hitting stones on a mountain roads) and gives more room for bigger wheels to work. I'm not only planing to use longer springs and shocks - want to make it properly with full set of elements don't know the english names yet Confused Wink

Does retro fitting of central locking and electric windows require new loom? Or there comes just part of it that need to be connected to the main one? Is there somewhere better source for parts than English Fleebay?

Thumbs Up
Post #515499 17th Mar 2016 9:33pm
Cupboard

There are lots of different parts places, Duckworth do genuine (see the sponsors bit of the forum), other well known ones include paddockspares.com and lrparts.net

Central locking... you can put in a new ECU (it's called a 10AS), you can fit a few extra bits to your current 10AS (if you're happy taking a soldering iron to it) or you can buy a completely separate one.

Electric windows... pretty much the same story. Either buy genuine bits or an aftermarket kit. I don't think the wiring is in place for either.
Post #515539 17th Mar 2016 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12