↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Whats going on in Europe with immigration guys?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Please, please be careful about some of the figures being bandied around by the media

I believe the figure for migrants reaching Germany is 1 to 1.1 million which is a bit different to 10 million.

Some of these migrants are economic migrants looking for a better life, others are refugees from the war torn Middle East and lets face it the West has had a destabilising influence on the Middle East

Do you actually blame people in dire straits trying to find a better life for themselves and their families?

Why has Germany opened its borders to the migrants? Basically it needs more workers. What did the UK do when it needed workers?

Yes the attacks in Cologne were disgraceful Apparently about 1,000 men were involved, 5-600 criminal cases reported, 40% of those were of a sexual nature and 2 were of alleged rape.

Now before people jump up about protecting their wives, girl friends and daughters from rape etc I hope you will not allow your female relatives anywhere near London. Figures from the Metropolitan police here Rape in London for 12 months up to November 2015 5,331 cases up 12.9% on previous 12 months Other sexual attacks 10,116 in 12 months up to November 2015 up 23.1% on previous 12 months.

Sexual attacks in the UK?

Quote:

Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men are raped in England and Wales alone every year; that's roughly 11 rapes (of adults alone) every hour
Nearly half a million adults are sexually assaulted in England and Wales each year
1 in 5 women aged 16 - 59 has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16
Only around 15% of those who experience sexual violence choose to report to the police

From the Rape Crisis here

Now some of those UK figures shocked me.

Brendan
Post #491271 11th Jan 2016 11:57pm
Lateralus

United States 
Projectblue wrote:
Great, someone asked the question about immigration.

Next all the xenophobes come running to yell about how we need to shut down the borders and amazingly 'get the rubber bullets out' Rolling Eyes

Let's be clear - there are two separate issues.

1) Immigration/Migration of working people.
2) Refugees from war torn countries.

The large amount of people moving into Europe in the last six months are displaced from Countries like Syria & Libya. Such people are being refused entry to the poorer former Soviet Union Countries so they move on west. Why? I don't know. At a guess I would say Albania can't afford them to be there and the others are still reeling from civil war when Christian/muslim division flared up.

Why are they behaving in such a bad way after Countries gave them shelter? Some are - some aren't. There are stories of refugees cooking food the homeless, both German and others. And there are stories such as those mentioned above which appear horrific. BUT always be careful of the media. My cousin who lives in Canada kept sending me links to amazingly accurate newspapers like Daily Fail, or the Express. Honestly. That's not news.
If you want accuracy (and that's always questionable) check The Guardian, The Independent, BBC (see I said questionable) or CNN.

What you want to avoid is the likes of Fox News because it's as incorrect and biased as Al-Jezera. In fact I'd trust Al-Jezera above Fox.

I'll go a step further and say be skeptical of all media. There are no mainstream US news outlets without bias. Most of them are progressive leaning. Iam that is true for the rest like al jezera, bbc and RT. I cant speak about the EU and its countries values but Islam as practiced by many in the middle east is not compatible with the US Constitution. I find that many politicians in the US rarely do something simply for the principal. Many stand to gain power or material from the rules they pass.

So being that I dont blindly swallow what the media says, I figured Id ask the people that live in these countries just how big of a deal these issues are.
Post #491274 12th Jan 2016 12:07am
Petronius4

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Interesting thread.

I think its become very difficult for any politician today (as most of them are out-of-touch charlatans with no backbone) to have a 'real' view on immigration (or anything else for that matter) - anything more controversial than 'bland statements' tends to get spun and distorted by the printed media, who by definition are all struggling to keep going in a world of online snippets and dumbing down. The stories then get re-spun and re-distorted by others looking to make a headline.... and on it goes.

Which is why I was surprised when I read Tony Abbots view on the Rhodes College http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/35166107 recently - someone brave enough to make a proper statement on a sensitive subject. Sensible. To the point. Factual. Well done that man.

In the UK I think its obvious that previous governments multi-cultural Britain ambitions were an abject failure. What we have now is multi-cultured Britain. Too many small pockets of diverse cultures with no integration.

I get very worried about what the future will bring for my children. The world we live in has become a series of political soundbites for immediate gain with no thought for long term planning or seeing things through. We seem to be obsessed with Education but uninterested in Educating, Critical of healthcare but ignore Dr's and Nurses, Obsessed with immigrants but uninterested in immigration, tolerant of extremism but intolerant of tradition, fanatical about policing but ambivalent about policemen/women....the list goes on and on and on....

What is certainly true is that treating any 'symptom' will never 'cure' anything. If the house is on fire you put the fire out, you don't move in next door, if the bath overflows you turn off the taps off, you don't put buckets out to catch the water. The situations in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq and countless other countries across the world will never change unless the cause is addressed. Never. Not ever. -------------------------------
👲🏻 1986 ex-Military 90 NAD 2.5 Soft Top. Sold
🇬🇧 2015 Defender 90 - Ripon Landrover Heritage 006

Last edited by Petronius4 on 12th Jan 2016 3:08am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #491279 12th Jan 2016 12:17am
Projectblue

England 
Nice one Thumbs Up there are few Americans willing to do that and take the time to find out the reality. Question is, what is the reality? I don't know myself, and I'm here and consider myself reasonably well informed Shocked

Brendan posted some excellent balance info there.

It's interesting that there is a perception in the US that Islam is in direct contravention of your constitution. I am neither a Muslim or a Christian. I do have values and I'm prepared to stand for those including fight for them. But they aren't so much religious based (I say that but the social laws of this Country are founded on Christianity base mixed with some paganism so..... Laughing ). Not anti religion either.
Anyway - It's interesting that a Country that is self styled 'land of the free' and has scientology and Mormon sees Islam as something that is anti it's constitution? If it is, then it is. But I'd like to know what you think that is so I can be more informed.

Great meme I saw recently says:
"A Christian, a Muslim a Hindu and a Bhuddist go into a coffee shop..... and all got on great because that's what happens when people aren't an assh*les "

n.b I'm not saying you are - and I am genuinely interested the same as you are asking us Thumbs Up just clarifying New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #491289 12th Jan 2016 12:33am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Tony Abbott is a TOP MAN, and a GREAT AUSSIE, who was prepared to place the well being of Australia before his own popularity, with the result that he was displaced (with the help of do-gooders etc!) as P.M. Tony did a TOP JOB of "Stopping The Boats", a job which Labor said would be impossible!!
A previous Liberal P.M., John Howard, who was also castigated for his (correct IMHO) views on immigration, made the statement "We (The Govt) will decide who comes to Australia".
I've seen the Euro situation "evolve" & my view is that if you do not control who comes to your Country, & examine their background, then you are going to have serious issues, which will only get worse, as their numbers increase, as time goes by.
Pickles.
Post #491302 12th Jan 2016 2:05am
Lateralus

United States 
Projectblue wrote:
Nice one Thumbs Up there are few Americans willing to do that and take the time to find out the reality. Question is, what is the reality? I don't know myself, and I'm here and consider myself reasonably well informed Shocked

Brendan posted some excellent balance info there.

It's interesting that there is a perception in the US that Islam is in direct contravention of your constitution. I am neither a Muslim or a Christian. I do have values and I'm prepared to stand for those including fight for them. But they aren't so much religious based (I say that but the social laws of this Country are founded on Christianity base mixed with some paganism so..... Laughing ). Not anti religion either.
Anyway - It's interesting that a Country that is self styled 'land of the free' and has scientology and Mormon sees Islam as something that is anti it's constitution? If it is, then it is. But I'd like to know what you think that is so I can be more informed.

Great meme I saw recently says:
"A Christian, a Muslim a Hindu and a Bhuddist go into a coffee shop..... and all got on great because that's what happens when people aren't an assh*les "

n.b I'm not saying you are - and I am genuinely interested the same as you are asking us Thumbs Up just clarifying

Mormons, scientologists, pagans, satanists and all the rest dont demand their own form of justice above the federal and state legal systems. They dont restrict women from voting or driving or stone gays to death. Those who practice sharia which is very popular, believe in these sort of stone age ideas. Not all muslims but many.

Its funny because in America the people who are for giving refuge to cultures that suppress women and gays are the same ones who pretend to be the champions of women and gay rights. The same progressives who mock christianity and chastize those who are against abortion are generally all for letting in people who are rigid believers in Islam.

I wouldnt call myself religious but Iam for individual rights. The smallest minority on the planet is the individual. Islam is.at odds with individual rights.
Post #491303 12th Jan 2016 3:08am
steve E

Wales 
Pickles has got it spot on.
Just know who's coming in or not after proper checks have been done.
Post #491338 12th Jan 2016 9:34am
Projectblue

England 
Lateralus wrote:

Mormons, scientologists, pagans, satanists and all the rest dont demand their own form of justice above the federal and state legal systems. They dont restrict women from voting or driving or stone gays to death. Those who practice sharia which is very popular, believe in these sort of stone age ideas. Not all muslims but many.

Its funny because in America the people who are for giving refuge to cultures that suppress women and gays are the same ones who pretend to be the champions of women and gay rights. The same progressives who mock christianity and chastize those who are against abortion are generally all for letting in people who are rigid believers in Islam.

I wouldnt call myself religious but Iam for individual rights. The smallest minority on the planet is the individual. Islam is.at odds with individual rights.

I see your point, and I agree to some extent however we are talking about extremes or one Country's version of Islam. Not the religion itself. Like all Religion, it's down to the people who interpret the book.

There is no proof that those fleeing a repressive ruler such as Syria, would get together and all decide that they wanted Sharia law. Like most human beings, the general population of refugees (and I'm guessing) just want to be alive. They want a chance to live somewhere that's not getting bombed. But as with any Country 10% of people are d**ks. You just need to watch out for them. Laughing

Sharia Law is wrong in my personal view. It's 300 hundred years behind 'everyone' else. However it's practiced in places like Saudi & sections of Iraq and Afghan where IS/Taliban rule. Not in Syria or I think Libya.

Although we have moved on to Religion and away from immigration, the two are I think intrinsically linked. New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #491487 12th Jan 2016 7:43pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Pickles wrote:
No-one should get into trouble for voicing their views, because the subject is a MASSIVE problem Worldwide & will become worse, particularly for free, western democratic societies.
The problem is that there are too many "do-gooders" who encourage & enable these people to come, without thinking at all about what the consequences will be.
And the consequences are, Huge load on already stretched welfare budgets, no jobs, no housing, and these people are allowed to practise their own way of living, etc etc etc, which creates more problems.
My own view is that if you come here, even legally or whatever, it doesn't matter, but if you come here, you observe our laws, our way of life, and if you don't wanna do that, well then don't come.
Pickles.

Thumbs Up +1
Post #491489 12th Jan 2016 7:57pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
steve E wrote:
We need to get out of the EU while we still have a Great Britain.
Won't be long before the problems in Germany reach the UK.
We already have problems with child prostitution and trafficking that has been the gift of immigration.

If you put a Lion in a Cage with chickens, the Lion will not go Hungry.
We are the helpless chickens while people with different values take all they can.
I for one am against letting anyone in without proper accountability for who and what they are.
Time to get the rubber bullets out.

Click image to enlarge

Can't AV been chickens bred in Yorkshire we breed em tuff
Post #491491 12th Jan 2016 8:03pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
steve E wrote:
We need to get out of the EU while we still have a Great Britain.
Won't be long before the problems in Germany reach the UK.
We already have problems with child prostitution and trafficking that has been the gift of immigration.

If you put a Lion in a Cage with chickens, the Lion will not go Hungry.
We are the helpless chickens while people with different values take all they can.
I for one am against letting anyone in without proper accountability for who and what they are.
Time to get the rubber bullets out.

I fear it's already too late.....do you not watch the news?
Post #491493 12th Jan 2016 8:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12