↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 874 of 1374 <123 ... 873874875 ... 137213731374>
Print this entire topic · 
Terryt

United Kingdom 
New tyres ordered ....what a faff it was to...
Looks like they should arrive in time for the rubbish weather that's due ..
Terry
Post #489203 6th Jan 2016 2:25pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Finally...
The Keswick Special had a good old valet today including a quick body wax (not the de-fuzz kind!) and wheel protection... Thumbs Up

As it was a fine day I decided, finally, to use the free sachet of Armour All Shield, I have had for months, and applied it to the bonnet... Whistle

I also applied RainGuard to the windscreen, front side windows and mirrors, another product I have had for months and not got around to applying... Rolling Eyes

Should be interesting to see how these products perform, in tomorrow's rain, when I journey into deepest darkest Hertfordshire... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #489398 6th Jan 2016 11:26pm
Terryt

United Kingdom 
DILEMA.......got the chance to buy a D3 at a very good price ...hse spec ..but I'd have to lose the Defender ....
Oh what to do ....
Post #489518 7th Jan 2016 10:49am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
After falling for the school run this week, I share with two others, I decided to fire up the Eberspacher this morning to demist the windows before I set off and the damn thing wouldn't run. I ended up spending an hour and a half going through the system and as it's a D1 it's a bit trial and error with no diagnostics. Eventually I've got it to fire up and keep running, for a while it would run and just as you thought it was sorted it would cut out. I think that the main of the problem was the damp that we've been experiencing along with some crud in the fuel lines but as it's been running quite happily for the past 2 hours I think I've cracked it. That'll be in time for a cooler morning tomorrow where we might even get a frost.
I usually fire it up once a month with no problems so it was a bit of an annoyance this morning hence my thoughts that the problem was moisture based.
Post #489584 7th Jan 2016 2:16pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
^^^^
It is advisable to run them once a month minimal to keep them flushed and fresh
I had an issue with mine that was due to low voltage feed, but shortened the cable and ran from the 2nd battery via an in line fuse rather than via the distribution box made a big improvement.
... put it to good use this xmas when out camping Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #489589 7th Jan 2016 2:21pm
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
Where have you installed yours? I'm very tempted by one but been thinking about where to install it so I get good output from it and don't lose too much space. More concerned about the rear passengers, it does get quite toasty in the front row!

(110sw, 9 seats
Post #489591 7th Jan 2016 2:24pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Mine is installed under the nearside second row passenger seat straight on top of the seatbox. It draws air from the door and blows the hot air via a 90' outlet forward into the rear passenger footwell. The control box I attached to the fuse panel on my Td5 and as it's a basic D1 Eberspacher I added a cheap Chinese programmable timer into the circuit to save me trudging out in the cold in my slippers. I installed mine with a seperate fuel tank as I didn't want to pull diesel from the main tank plus I use red to power mine. All I used was a radiator expansion tank from a scrap Ford Orion and mounted it next to the heater box under the bonnet. I think when full it holds just under 2l and that will be sufficient to run it flat out for around 15 hours at least.
As Wyvern pointed out, they are very voltage sensitive, if your battery feed drops below 12v they will not run properly. You cannot better them for effortless defrosting and a cosy motor on a frosty morning Thumbs Up
Post #489595 7th Jan 2016 2:49pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Got a puncture this morning on the way in to work, so change the tyre to my spare in the yuck and the rain and the wind....which unknown to me has at some point been mounted onto a different offset wheel.

Not the best of days I must admit Rolling Eyes Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #489603 7th Jan 2016 3:19pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
miker wrote:
Where have you installed yours? I'm very tempted by one but been thinking about where to install it so I get good output from it and don't lose too much space. More concerned about the rear passengers, it does get quite toasty in the front row!

(110sw, 9 seats

As JWL says - mine is also under the 2nd row Left seat on the seat box - I've gone for the simple fitting - the burn side (outside of the wagon) takes air from under the chassis and exhusts to the Left side of the wagon in front of the XS step, the heat side (inside) is the same as JWL's - however I have the unit draw fuel from the main tank and have just changed the controller/timer for a new model that lets me run it from 10mins up to contiunally and gives the fault readings.
I've mounted the controller/timer on the flat part of passengers side of the center dash, so its out the way but usable. Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #489607 7th Jan 2016 3:39pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Returned from the dealers with the bulk head seal re-done once again. Fingers crossed they've cracked it this time 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #489740 7th Jan 2016 9:33pm
Oakseywick

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Got mine serviced and Mot'd passed no probs just needed some new windscreen wiper blades result Very Happy
Post #489823 8th Jan 2016 12:39am
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Found out it lets me have a free shower in the rain now Rolling Eyes

So comman areas for leaks;
Alpine Windows ---------- none fitted
Vents in rear ------------- none fitted
Sunroof ------------------- nope not got one
Panels/joins --------------- nope it's a solid fiberglass

So..........

Ah sod it I'll add some silicone to the roof/screen joint and give up after that.

I'm sure she is jealous with all the time I'm spending on Maggie Rolling with laughter 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #489830 8th Jan 2016 2:21am
Orangesofa

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
BossHog wrote:
@orangesofa...looking nice Thumbs Up... could I ask where the steering guard is from

Paddock Spares Thumbs Up Phil
Post #489864 8th Jan 2016 10:21am
plumpmoose

United Kingdom 
My 14 year old Td5 90 CSW trundled round posh shoot in an extremely exlempory manor. Easily out shone FFRR AB, LRD4s, last model FFRR (which had a puncture). Struggled against an E J Churchill stickered RAV4 thou!

Did not leak (much), plenty of decent rutty, muddy, very wet tracks to drive round. Loader appreciated the rayburn warmed seat and low fuel warning sign did not come on until afternoon (289 miles since last fill up), so that is fist job this am.

298 cartridges used, but you don't need to know the bag!
Post #489866 8th Jan 2016 10:28am
Terryt

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

New tyres ordered from tyre leader saved me over a hundred pounds on a uk supplier .order made on Tuesday and arrive this morning via Royal Mail .cooper st maxx.
On the down side I think she will be going up for sale .
Terry
Post #489944 8th Jan 2016 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 874 of 1374 <123 ... 873874875 ... 137213731374>