United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Finally got round to doing the ever growing list of "too do's"

Final coat on rear crossmember a couple of days ago so now on with:

The NAS rear step

Maxxraxx 4 bike rack

Tow ball

Replaced XS side steps with new

Librally sealed all the above inside and out

All looks great, amazing what a smarten up to the rear cross member can do.

Removed snorkel as has never been to my liking and I am unlikely to wade that deep... now need to find a vent cover.

Swapped fog light for clear version, now all clear lenses.

Next replaced wiper park switch which was a doddle with blackwolf's guide to hand so many thanks there.

Noticed one of the centre console bulbs was out so replaced that at the same time.

Could not see anyway to change bulb in clock (time) as has never illumimnated, can it really mean a new clock???

Also found loose wire which looks like some kind of antanie, will try to post picture for suggestions.

Want to do remote range mod tomorrow as per AndrewS method, hope I find start point OK.

All in all a really productive, fun day.
Post #447832 20th Aug 2015 9:25pm
DOOFER

yesterday, i took of the awful lift kit and returned it back to standard with new take off shocks and springs from urban truck. replaced the extended brake lines with aeroquip ones. replaced the splitting rear bump stops, welded on arb mounts and fitted the arb's. i must say, she drives like a dream now DON'T PANIC
Post #447835 20th Aug 2015 9:39pm
DOOFER

Now rolling on boosts and mud terrains Smile DON'T PANIC
Post #448336 22nd Aug 2015 5:57pm
Swac3

Dragged another few tons of soil back home to further fill the new poly tunnel raised beds, which has only added more proof to the 'need' to lavish baby with some essential torque boosting goodness. Only question left really is can I last a whole rotation without going online shopping, hmm 3 Landrovers
Post #448354 22nd Aug 2015 7:46pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Swac3 - Mines got an Alive tune from Gary a stage 1. I asked for it to be tweaked for towing and pulling power for towing.
I only tow light due to licensing, but by god it does have some torque now!
Going up hill in 5th gear you've got to watch your not riding someone's boot in front as they struggle. Rolling with laughter

Today, I went out Wilts direction. Just simply drove it, only 50 miles round trip but just simply enjoyed it. Mr. Green
Post #448355 22nd Aug 2015 7:53pm
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
Finished off doing the chequer plate on the front. Didn't take too long to drill, fit captive nuts and fit the bonnet piece. The wings were done a while ago as they were just nuts n bolts, but I put off doing the bonnet as I thought it would be difficult 😭. I'm not a big fan of the stuff, but on my motor it is for practical use as I have a Brownchurch roofrack fitted and mostly load the likes of my bicycle etc from the front by standing in the bonnet. A good sunny day always makes the wee jobs seem much quicker and easier too 👍

Click image to enlarge
Post #448597 24th Aug 2015 12:20am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Looks good Roody. Is that an ex-RAF one? 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #448819 24th Aug 2015 8:33pm
Neils

United Kingdom 
Happier circumstances since Belgium and the dying of the ECU, since replaced and current destination in the shade of Mont Blanc reached.

So in our exploration we spotted a track running up the hill by the ski lifts. Are we allowed to drive it? The map says there's a village up there and this is the "road" to get there so we chance it once we see a car on French plates coming down it. Worth the trip I think, looking back down from where we came, a climb of around 1000 meters in the end:

Click image to enlarge
Untitled by tehNellie_, on Flickr

Heading back down again:

Click image to enlarge

Cow milking, alpine style:

Click image to enlarge

Almost at the bottom:

Click image to enlarge

In the grand scheme of things nothing too taxing but was nice to drive a route that not many people get to take, at least not without a pair of skis.
Post #448824 24th Aug 2015 8:50pm
RoddyK05

Rosco wrote:
Looks good Roody. Is that an ex-RAF one?

Hi Rosco, yes it's ex RAF. I even found an old RAF cap badge down the back of the dashboard just to prove it! Laughing
Although it's ex RAF, I believe it is standard civvy spec' station wagon but with a wee bit of Special Vehicles treatment eg the yellow paint. I got it from Marple Road Garage, the service from Tim there was excellent and I'd recommend him to anyone. It wasn't the cheapest 90 I had looked at, but it's condition was second to none with just 41k miles on the clock. Plan is to keep it for a good while - looking at 15-20 years hopefully.

Click image to enlarge
Post #448835 24th Aug 2015 9:15pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Another one from Marple. When I was in the TA one of our officers purchased an identical one. Rolled off the line as a blue van, wheeled round the corner, painted yellow and had autoglass fit the rear side windows for visibility on the airfield. I still don't understand why they didn't just fit a standard SW rear panel on the production line???

Nice bit of kit, like you say never the cheapest, but they haven't led a hard life either. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #448843 24th Aug 2015 9:46pm
RoddyK05

Mines left the factory in white, but is a gen' SW. It's got the 'air bag' steering wheel and adjustable headlamps etc. I was told it came from a glider field, didn't even have a tow bar on it for starters and looked like it had never spent a night outside. Not a spec of rust on it, I got Tim to waxoyl it and do a few wee jobs before he delivered it to Scotland - as mentioned previously, the service was second to none. Next job is to fit the wiring for the Exmoor heated seats I fitted a while ago.
Post #448845 24th Aug 2015 9:59pm
Lorryman100

Visited Gwyn Lewis today and got my suspension sorted out.

Old man emu shocks all round with front galvanised turrets, seats and spring isolators along with a new rear prop.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #448856 24th Aug 2015 10:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
consumerize

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 2.5 TD SW Java Black
Could I ask what exhaust centre box you have fitted. Looking for something just like that. Thanks.
Post #449150 25th Aug 2015 6:38pm
Lorryman100

It's a full stainless system from Alive tuning Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #449157 25th Aug 2015 6:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
Printed a job for a chap and then got into the usual discussion as to how it's going to get to the end user (without costing anything). To end the 'negotiation' I said I'd lob it in the car and take it myself. Customer said "how the bloody hell are you going to get it in your car". On arrival he just said "Oh, it's one of them". Very Happy

The equivalent of 85,000 sheets of A4 in the boot, about 500kg...

Click image to enlarge

I swear the car rattles less when it's loaded up. It drove along pretty much as usual, slightly slower acceleration and breaking. Otherwise it just chugged along like usual. Thumbs Up
Post #449550 26th Aug 2015 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 842 of 1376 <123 ... 841842843 ... 137413751376>