↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Pumping oil into engine
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Trossachs turbo

Scotland 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Pumping oil into engine
Have been having some minor issues with dipstick levels and have read all the posts recently. So decided to do seals and copper washers all went ok bled engine and started and ran well for a couple of minutes, stopped to check oil, right up dipstick!!! Turned on engine andthe pump just emptied the tank into the sump. It seems that I must have done something wrong!i I did wash the injector harness with paraffin, I think the timing is ok as it started well. Is it possible the fuel regulator is faulty
Post #351244 12th Aug 2014 4:43pm
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
Fuel pressure regulator would not result in that much fuel in the sump quite so quickly! I would suggest that you got something wrong when installing the copper washers or O-rings. Are you sure that you seated the injectors on the washers correctly?

Did you use genuine parts?

Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
Post #351248 12th Aug 2014 5:03pm
Trossachs turbo

Yes used genuine parts,I will strip all again!!injectors felt as if they slipped in well and when tightened down they all looked at the same top level .when doing the timing it says one full turn back after bottoming out the spring, I took that as a whole 360degrees .Maybe I have messed up the injector harness when washing it?,but it started exactly as it should after bleeding. It just kept on giving it too much fuel. I did look very carefully for a crack, but it is a 15p engine and all looked ok. It is now across the drive and engine drained of all fluid
Post #351252 12th Aug 2014 5:12pm
Trossachs turbo

Ok, have read a few more blogs elsewhere, and it appears that the method of placing the o rings is important, I just rolled them up the injector into the lower groove and up and into their own groove, so I twisted them all the way up. Also they appear to be thinner than the original red ones. Will strip again and check and fit new rings again!!, any comments would be much appreciated
Post #351257 12th Aug 2014 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1