↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Rear window shattered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Jonno wrote:
as its adrian flux underwritten by markerstudy they cant proceed and it has to be arranged by the insurer. 320 for such a basic screen does seem a lot. Jono

Banging Head Banging Head Markerstudy?...... Banging Head Banging Head here we go again.....Rant switch to 'ON'.....

A-Plan Insurance wrote:
Thank you for your questions, I hope I can help. Firstly I wanted to make a comment about Markerstudy who seem to get bad press on web forums.

No grit (replace the 'g' with an 'sh') Sherlock!........

K9F wrote:
Not good! I had already instructed Adrian Flux NOT to insure me with Markerstudy prior to your experiences. In reality your difficulties are nobody elses problem unless they too have the misfortune to make a claim and experience the same or similar poor standard of service. Markerstudy 'rattled my cage' with their belligerent 'bully boy' tactics when all I wanted to do was inform them of a no fault, no damage to my Defender accident that the other driver was insistent he would claim off my insurance. Thumbs Up

TRR Motorsport wrote:
Please, if you're renewing your Land Rover's insurance, think twice if your broker recommends a policy from Markerstudy. Companies as bad as this shouldn't be allowed to sell insurance!

K9F wrote:
Will be interesting come renewal time. I'll certainly be giving them a call. Interested to know about a tracker discount too, as long as the policy won't be underwritten by Markerstudy, provide all the cover I need and are competative, Thumbs Up

TRR Motorsport wrote:
needless to say Adrian Flux and Markerstudy (the insurer are not on my Christmas list.

What puddle? wrote:
I will be emailing AF today. If it is Markerstudy then I will be cancelling. I get enough trouble from everyday life as it is! Again, thanks.

AVOID MARKERSTUDY OR POSSIBLY PAY THE CONSEQUENCES CLAIM TIME.

Rant 'OFF' go to cupboard and take medication......double dose..... Laughing

Sorry but it looks like you may be learning a lesson here! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #343674 8th Jul 2014 11:58am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Had no problems with getting mine replaced by Autoglass, perhaps that's one of the reasons I stick with the NFU as an insurer, no quibbles, just got charged the excess even though I'd just had a windscreen replaced a fortnight before.
Oh, and to make things even sweeter my insurance goes down by a few quid every year as a loyalty bonus Whistle
Post #343690 8th Jul 2014 1:32pm
dwilliams851

Chile 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Galway Green
Mine shattered a couple of weeks ago. I just assumed I'd been going over speed humps too fast and the rear wheel was putting stress on the door/glass, Going a bit slower now. ---------------------------------------------
Past LR's
Series 2a, Range Rover Vogue, Disco 3, Disco 2, Disco 1
Defender 110 Puma
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bambi851/
Post #343692 8th Jul 2014 1:54pm
K9F

ruggedpeak wrote:
Keep an eye on what underwriter AF give you. AF were cheapest on my D3 for some years with an outfit called "Markerstudy" - reviews on them seem a bit variable though in the event of a claim,

NFU don't sound to bad after all. You've done the right thing JWL.... Thumbs Up

No brainer.....and possibly the best £40 he ever spent.

couplands wrote:
FYI: when I got a quote from A-Plan, the insurer/underwriter was Markerstudy. For £40 more I went (stayed) with NFU. cheers simon

Cheapest is not the best, especially if you are willing to pay for good reliable service and good reviews. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #343693 8th Jul 2014 1:57pm
Jonno

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Hmmm judging by the reaction of autoglass saying no go and the comments on here I think that's a lesson learnt for insurance renewal time...

Jono
Post #343695 8th Jul 2014 2:01pm
K9F

Jonno,

Sorry to hear of your plight. A-Plan went into print in an attempt to mitigate and defend Markerstudy's reputation.....

A-Plan Insurance wrote:
Thank you for your questions, I hope I can help.

Firstly I wanted to make a comment about Markerstudy who seem to get bad press on web forums. Markerstudy like all insurers will reduce payouts or not pay in a claim if there is a good reason not too. This tends to be non disclosure of material information such as claims, convictions and very commonly non disclosed modifications. This area of the market is one of Markerstudy's main targets for business. Unfortunately there does seem to be a very high percentage of non disclosure in this area and in particular drivers under 25, again which Markerstudy target.

A-Plan have used Markerstudy for many years and we have always found them to be very fair in all situations that our network of 70 offices have had.

In both yours and my experiences the above didn't come into play. Poor handling and service from me and an inferior policy with you. I didn't renew with A-Plan either due to their spin on Markerstudy's failings. Markerstudy upset me with no apology, rhyme or reason for their unreasonable handling of a no fault, no damage notification from myself. Come renewal time my policy also went up by 60% due to an 'unsettled claim' WTF? There are quite a few threads on here belittling Markerstudy's standard of service and as for other forums they too have quite a number.

There are no excuses for bad service, not when it seems so endemic from a single company. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #343701 8th Jul 2014 2:13pm
Jonno

Insurance seems to be a bit of a nightmare with my 90 Hard Top. I had been with IAM Surety, run by Adelaide Insurance services and underwritten by Lloyds for 3 years and paying around 360 a year. I got uneasy with them as they don't have Hard Top commercial defenders on their systems and have to insure it as a 5 seat station wagon, which it patently isn't I then usually had to send numerous emails to get them to acknowledge this was ok as advised by the sales person.

I tried quotes from NFU and before they quoted they said if you have had quotes of under £600 it's pretty pointless and they quoted just short of £900, which for a 42 year old with 9 years no claims seems too much.

Hence me arriving with Adrian Flux and Markerstudy who matched the £360 but insured it as a Hardtop. I haven't called them as I don't want anybody recording this as malicious damage which will stay on file for 5 years, as I'm pretty sure it isn't....it's just broken! it's disappointing that the glass companies won't sort this out in the usual way due to the underwriter.
Post #343716 8th Jul 2014 2:59pm
K9F

Jonno,

Have a scroll down on this link.....there are 7 pages in total all generally with the same negative reviews bar a couple.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123837.html

Come renewal time you'll know what to do. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #343741 8th Jul 2014 4:41pm
Jonno

Wow they are certainly not the best reviews!

I don't think I have ever seen a company come out quite like that....

Anyway I have gone the official route and claimed via Adrian Flux, they put me through to Auto Windscreens, who don't have the glass but should get one for tomorrow.

They are adamant it is a green tint even though it looks smoked grey/black....we'll have to see what turns up.

The main thing was I ensured they didn't put it down as malicious damage, stone damage was closest category to "just breaking"

We'll see how it progresses with "their" repairer, if the glass match is not good they will be taking it away again.

Jono
Post #343744 8th Jul 2014 4:49pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
It did take Autoglass three attempts and I ended up with a clear one( I didn't know you could get one without a tint) but as I was filming it anyway with limo black I gave in, at least it was the right shape and had the brake light bits.
Post #343764 8th Jul 2014 6:42pm
Jonno

Autoglass have been and credit where credit is due the fitter was excellent, however after telling the office twice it was the greenish tint they brought a bronze tint pilkington glass which is also quite ripley compared to the original. I was going to live with it but now decided to call them back for another go.
Interestingly their website says they are owned by Markerstudy which is probably why other glass cos say they cant do work for this underwriter. We'll see what happens on Tuesday
Jono
Post #344762 12th Jul 2014 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12