↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Just for the record - I'm loving my TDCi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
carpenpa

England 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
D3 exchanged for defender
I also used to have a D3 and now drive a Puma Defender. I would say that the D3 was the most comfortable car I have owned and the best all round by far. The Defender is noisy, not as comfortable, leaked (hopefully now fixed) and impractical but the most fun to drive around cornwall by a big margin. I will often go for a drive along the costal roads from Hayle to Bedruthan just for fun. Cool Thoroughly enjoying my landrovers in the far west.
Post #3281 22nd Aug 2008 6:14pm
Lionel

Australia 
solmanic wrote:
I find that when ever I park it somewhere, if I see another Defender I always park next to it, or near by. That's because the only thing better than seeing one Defender in the car park, is seeing TWO! I also like to think that seeing both together may give the owner of the other one pleasure when they come back. There is also the possibility of bumping into them for a little on-the-spot Defender love-in.

and ..

solmanic wrote:
I haven't driven mine for two days now and am trying to make up a reason to go out. Even a trip to the servo to top up on fuel may be worthwhile. I can just gaze at the vehicle instead of the numbers on the pump to keep my mind off that world of pain...

Mate, you need to get out more!!

(in your new Defender, of course Very Happy )

Cheers,

Lionel
Post #3284 23rd Aug 2008 6:30am
solmanic

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Lionel wrote:
Mate, you need to get out more!!

(in your new Defender, of course Very Happy )

This is the result of working from home and being busy. We've had our Defender since December last year and it's only just clocked over 10,000km (6250mi)!!! Anyway, we have a skiing trip coming up in the next couple of weeks (yes Poms - we can ski down here Wink ) so that will put some mileage on it. 2007 Defender 110
1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV
Post #3287 23rd Aug 2008 10:16am
one_iota

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
one_iota wrote:
This weekend mine will be introduced to the wonderful dirt road country that lies just two hours drive west of Sydney....country that the Disco has done many times...country with stone-aged paintings sprayed on sandstone overhangs.

Photos to come

We took her sight seeing this weekend.

I'm very impressed with her manners off road.

Some steepish loose uphills handled effortlessly with the centre diff locked and the occasional flicker of the traction control light.

Some steepish downs crawled in low first with no evidence of the anti-stall wanitng to take over.

Much nicer to drive than the Disco as the motor is so much more tractable Mahn
'08 Defender 110
ex '95 Disco 300 Tdi
www.aulro.com
Post #3290 24th Aug 2008 8:29am
DefenderKen

United Kingdom 
Some cracking comments and couldn't agree more.

You either 'get' Defenders or you don't. For me, there is no other 4x4 I would have and not many normal cars either. Went from a MKV Golf GTi to a TD5 Defender 110 and haven't looked back.

Having owned a wide variety of cars from an Impreza Turbo through hot hatches like Clio Williams and 205 GTi to an Audi TT and the Golf. I then bought a 10 year old Defender 300tdi as a toy and have been a convert ever since.

When Gordon Brown changed the road tax law to apply retrospectively (something I avoided by buying a used 2004 TD5) I decided to wage my one man protest against this by trading that in for a new one. If I was going to pay £400 quid every year it may as well be on a new car.

And isn't that £400 quid worth it! Better engine, gearbox (when my clutch is fixed) and feeling of refinement I regularly do 200 miles each way to my caravan in Scotland plus my boy can now travel safely in the back.

It's everything I hoped it would be.

Loaded up for the weekend:-

Cheers

Ken

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Stornoway Grey 90 XS
Focus C-Max Tdci
Kawasaki ZX6R C6f
Post #3478 30th Aug 2008 2:18pm
bjartin

Norway 
After reading this thread, there is no doubt that I shall have a PUMA. Thanks for the positive posts.
Post #19608 7th Dec 2009 7:25pm
jamesbond007

Portugal 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Rimini Red
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!! Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Boldly going nowhere

Discovery 3 after a Defender 110 Crew Cab TD4 and a 1964 SIIA 88 Regular.
Post #19626 7th Dec 2009 9:40pm
discocuzzy

England 
Same with me..just had exactly the same conversation with AndrewS Thumbs Up You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #19628 7th Dec 2009 9:47pm
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Ditto....driving down to Switzerland for 2 weeks next Wednesday and can't wait!! Mr. Green
Post #19630 7th Dec 2009 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
solmanic wrote:
I find that when ever I park it somewhere, if I see another Defender I always park next to it, or near by. That's because the only thing better than seeing one Defender in the car park, is seeing TWO! I also like to think that seeing both together may give the owner of the other one pleasure when they come back. There is also the possibility of bumping into them for a little on-the-spot Defender love-in.

me too, me too, 34000km in a year!!!

I love this car, I love MY car Razz Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #19632 7th Dec 2009 11:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
austen

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
I just love mine to bits. My wife has a Freelander 2 and it's nowhere near as good a vehicle as the Defender.

Austen. Rover 12 1935
Rover 20 1940
Rover 100 1960
Defender TDC1 2008
FL2 TD4 2008
Post #19633 7th Dec 2009 11:19pm
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
out of the box, what a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

off road, on road, on motorway or just in park'd up in a car park Cool

you know a car is special when you look back at him (all defenders need a name) every time you park up, and when you look out side and see that you own the coolest car there is and you have to say "cool car"

did a 5 day tour with a load of other land rovers, disco 1's defenders and a f2 and was a bit disapointed at the totally un-dramatic pics we where getting of MAX (like i said all defenders need a name) i then realised my regulare motorway drive was not being tasked or stressed at all, even when compared to other land rover products

WHAT AN ARSE KICKINGLY BRILLIANT CAR
Post #19635 7th Dec 2009 11:30pm
solmanic

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Good to see this thread resurrected...

Another thing that makes me smile is whenever I get overtaken or stop in traffic beside a family, there is always some little grommet with is face pressed up against the side window looking at my Defender and frantically gesturing to dad in the front. 2007 Defender 110
1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV
Post #19645 8th Dec 2009 2:43am
jamesbond007

Portugal 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Rimini Red

Click image to enlarge
 Boldly going nowhere

Discovery 3 after a Defender 110 Crew Cab TD4 and a 1964 SIIA 88 Regular.
Post #19646 8th Dec 2009 3:08am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I too have had a myriad of cars in my 'near half a century' from hot hatches to A 3.9 litre V8 LPG Disco. I purchased my Puma nearly a year ago on the demise of my Disco and have covered 12,000 trouble free miles in that time. Mid -life crisis ensues, Logitech Remap, Chequerplate, A-Bar, Aluminium Billet handles (that my other half couldn't believe at the price she paid for them that they fitted on the inside and nobody but me would see them), Andrew's Remote Locking Mod and hopefully some 'i'm going to burn the retinas from your eyeball Lightforce Lights from Santa' (plleeeease!!!), and a visit to Rustmaster in the New Year.

This is the very first vehicle (Phew!!! Nearly put car down then! Glad I didn't) that a year after purchasing I get the same pleasure now of driving it as on the day I first went to collect it. I too probably need to get out more but as long as it's in my Puma I'm only too willing to oblige.

Thumbs Up One Happy Chappy - That's Me! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #19650 8th Dec 2009 9:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>