↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 441 of 1376 <123 ... 440441442 ... 137413751376>
Print this entire topic · 
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
The sun was out and I went for a 40 odd mile trundle around Kent's back roads and loved it. I don't think I went over 40 once ...... BM52
Post #207003 30th Jan 2013 11:48pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Finished fixing my new to me winch on the front of mine. My old winch was a cheapish chinese 6600lb jobbie I've had on 3 motors in the last 8 or 9 years. The only maintenance the thing has had was when I had to take the motor apart when one of the magnets came unstuck, wonderful stuff araldite and a bit of supaglue and chewing gum Whistle (well it worked for another 5years) So yesterday was the second time it has ever been off the winch bumper, when I changed the motor I just swopped the whole lot over but it did gain bumper caps when it went on the current 110.
I bought the winch off a mate, it's only a T-max 9500lb one that he had on his challenge truck at the back which as he's gone hydraulic at the front put his electric one on the back. He chucked a solonoid in with it but kept the rope, no problem I could use the rope off my existing winch, at least I know the history of it. Great idea untill you come to unspooling 100' of wire rope in the street, ended up having to split that one to get the rope off Rolling Eyes
The next bit of fun was the wiring, the main leads not really a problem, he had made up some longer tails as I don't like the solonoids exposed at the front and prefer to have them tucked away under the bonnet. Made up a bracket to fix the solonoid near the front near side headlamp, thankfully all the cables met! Then for the wander lead, couldn't get my head round it yesterday but after an in-depth use of Mr Google I got the gist of it and now it's working which enabled me to put the rope on Thumbs Up It's certainly faster than my old one, mainly because the old one is absolutely desperate for a service and a new motor, hanging off the front of a well used Defender, some of the sludge could easily be identified as from the Plain, chalk sludge can be seen in the end of the gearbox Whistle
Next job, apart from fitting a wireless remote that's in the post, is to run the cable out and wind it in with a bit of load as I could only wind it in "hand tight" out in the street. I'm going to put some more tails on from where the cables from the battery meet the terminals at the solonoid to an Anderson plug so I can plug in jump leads at the front save keep faffing with the passenger seat.
Post #207098 31st Jan 2013 4:27pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Gave mine a wash but couldn't fully finish because it got dark. Sad Will have to finish it off tomorrow or Sunday. NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #207378 1st Feb 2013 6:08pm
SteveT247

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
custom90steve wrote:
Gave mine a wash but couldn't fully finish because it got dark. Sad Will have to finish it off tomorrow or Sunday.
Same here Steve. I've picked up some deep scratches from the last couple of times laning ( some are down to the primer) and they are taking some polishing out.
Post #207380 1st Feb 2013 6:16pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
It was a busy day here.

Completed a full 'B' service including transfer box and axle oil.

Fitted Gwyn Lewis fuel filter relocation bracket and bowl to the filter.

6 monthly good wash and wax- didn't bother getting the scratches out- mostly about protecting the paint.

Tomorrow I will be spending 2 days on tracks and trails courtesy of the Cyprus Land Rover Club Thumbs Up

On the down side I have no tunes as the radio has finally died- not bad after 3 years of abuse- time to start looking for something new Twisted Evil

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #207447 1st Feb 2013 8:32pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Airlocker - That's why I avoid "scratchy" lanes in fact most around here are impassible by foot never mind driving. Allowed to over grow on purpose either that or used as a dumping ground. Rolling Eyes

Glyn - A new radio hmmmm, Plenty of choices out there. ( I dare not suggest one) Or the forum police will hunt me down. Whistle NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #207453 1st Feb 2013 8:37pm
Nobby

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Well I removed my Amplifier and Subwoofer, just couldn't get used to it. Did the usual had a few demonstrations before I spent the money. Even sat in a couple of friends Land Rovers after they'd had their ICE upgraded.
To be honest I had unplugged it last week and just got round to actually taking the time to remove it Exclamation _______________________________
Puma Defender 90
Post #207474 1st Feb 2013 9:29pm
barbel jim

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
Went on a recovery mission - Wife had a puncture so I had to go change the wheel. Think the car was being spiteful as not 3 hours earlier placed in the for sale section on the R320C forum. Banging Head
Be 600 poorer and still going to sell it Big Cry
Post #207477 1st Feb 2013 9:51pm
defender75

2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Chawton White
Rakthi wrote:
Bolted on / wired up winch bumper and winch. Both courtesy of my cats. Had put the stuff in basket and went to "check out" to see what the total would be ... with shipping I figured it to be a bit too much ... then had to take a toilet break. Cats walked over keyboard whilst I was gone and "ordered" the stuff Shocked . Got invoice in email a couple of days later ... was going to cancel but wife said to go ahead and transfer the money. Razz Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

The week before that I got around to bolting on the spare wheel carrier (the only one I could find for a HCPU) I got from Front Runner in South Africa. Great company to deal with.

Click image to enlarge

Now have to find a solution for the corner ... Had to remove the rope hook to accommodate the top support ... bit of a mess on that corner with all the ropes at the moment .

Best looking hicap I have seen.
Post #207518 2nd Feb 2013 6:23am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Ditto
Post #207558 2nd Feb 2013 10:59am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Well, today I finally got around to fixing my damaged Foxwing (thanks Brendan for having spares) and then I fitted it to my roof rack.
Then removed my Nurburg sticker and added an Overland Journal sticker.

Now I'm going sit in front of the fire and read OJ magazine and get some inspiration for more stuff Thumbs Up
Post #207642 2nd Feb 2013 4:34pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Replaced the mild steel standard screw and washers in the LED numberplate lamp which started rusting by SS versions. Fully charged the battery with my C-Tek charger, then left the truck in my office garage until the approaching snow wave (= salt on the road) is going to be well after us. You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #207644 2nd Feb 2013 4:39pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Sold the 110, it goes Sunday.

New 90 due mid March Thumbs Up

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #207696 2nd Feb 2013 7:26pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Washed and waxed the 110 using a sample box of Autoglym stuff I picked up from the NEC classic car show.
Used the glass cleaning stuff and worked well and removed crap of the glass that the soapy water didn't.
Lubed up the drop pin tow hitch. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #207702 2nd Feb 2013 7:30pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
bob neville wrote:
Sold the 110, it goes Sunday.

New 90 due mid March Thumbs Up

Bob

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #207703 2nd Feb 2013 7:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 441 of 1376 <123 ... 440441442 ... 137413751376>