↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > The FCX Defender 130 build thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 25 <123 ... 567 ... 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
Go Beyond wrote:
That's it Chris, I'm not sewing another sequin on your dash, you can do it yourself !

FCX embroidery coming soon!

Apologies, ill get my coat Embarassed ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #185448 15th Nov 2012 11:27pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Nearly Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #185451 15th Nov 2012 11:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter love it Bow down Bow down CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #185452 15th Nov 2012 11:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
OK, a little update ....

The 130 has been sat untouched for a few weeks now, however, behind the scenes, a lot of spending has been going on gathering together bits for the big build up over Christmas (which included building a longer garage !)

A spare dash is being leathered (inbetween all the other leather work we are doing for customers Thumbs Up) and the SVX a like looks like it will be losing it's front end to the 130 Whistle

The Vesuvius dash panel is looking favorite but I won't be overdoing the 'orange' theme.

Plan is to have everything done ready for the show season next year (Donnington is in Feb - gulp)

My thanks to my fellow sponsors on the forum who have been generous with their support and to those who have bought from FCX who are funding the 130 Mr. Green Bow down
Post #188871 27th Nov 2012 4:45pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
How'd you get on with the the Ply speaker panel? Thumbs Up NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #188929 27th Nov 2012 6:12pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I may have a cunning plan there, I'm just waiting for a delivery of speakers from theloudest.com

My idea is to fit 6 x 9's into the rear seat box behind grills where the passengers feet will be ....
Post #188934 27th Nov 2012 6:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Now that sounds like a good plan! From what I gather from what you say should look good too. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #188937 27th Nov 2012 6:30pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Quote:
My thanks to my fellow sponsors on the forum who have been generous with their support and to those who have bought from FCX who are funding the 130 Mr. Green Bow down

I aint paid yet and have no intention of paying either Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #188939 27th Nov 2012 6:32pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
That's why you haven't got any leather yet then Whistle
Post #189035 27th Nov 2012 9:38pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Had a limited time to 'play' with the FCX130 this weekend, managed to remove the rear seats and rear seat box - there isn't room for the 6 x 9's unfortunately so back to plan A

Fitted the Entreq flexi aerial, Entreq snowl cowl (not sure if I've done it right though as it seems to sit very high - do you keep the plastic grill as well as the supplied gasket ?), Entreq rear door 90deg things (well one of them anyway - no problems with door being able to hit pillar ?) - thank you Brendan, smoked grey side repeater indicators from SGH (Thank you Simon)

I then loaded it on to a trailer and towed it with the TD5 130 over to be 'Zagged' ! - Hopefully whilst it's there the, Brendan supplied, Stainless steel bolt kit will be fitted as well.

Once I get it back it'll be into the, newly built, workshop to start the 'big build' - first stage will be 'totally' strip the interior right back to the bulkhead and apply the Dynamat sound installation to everything ! (That'll keep Thud happy Mr. Green )
Post #190592 3rd Dec 2012 5:00pm
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
Can you not put the 6 x 9's in the rear door card where the standard ones are? What 6 x 9's did you go for?

If they need a home, i'm in the market for a pair Smile

Regarding the rear door 90 degree thing. Do you have some pics as mine were touching when extended Big Cry seems sad to waste them if it is the person installing them that has it wrong rather than the bracket the muppet has brought haha....cue sigh of dissapointment Embarassed

When do you get it back from being Zagged?

regards ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #190609 3rd Dec 2012 6:21pm
SGH

United Kingdom 
Matt

Would 5 x 7 fit in box below rear seats as this was something I thought of putting in mine? Is there supports that prevent speakers being fitted ?

Simon
Post #190619 3rd Dec 2012 7:11pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Probably the speaker depth that's the issue not width or height. (Could be wrong though) NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #190620 3rd Dec 2012 7:16pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Hi Simon, brackets for the seats are the main culprits, I haven't tried 5x7's I'll measure up when it comes back

Sorry Steve, entirely wrong, there's about 18" of depth !
Post #190624 3rd Dec 2012 7:38pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
You could fit 6x9's in the top of the box, no problem, but I'm trying to get away from sound bouncing off seats

Lishlandy, are your brackets Entreq's ones, because if so I can't see that there is any way of fitting them wrongly ? I'll post up pics when I get it back at the end of the week.

The 130 is a crew cab so no standard rear speaker positions

The 6x9's are from the loudest.com and I'm using them so go and buy your own Mr. Green
Post #190625 3rd Dec 2012 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 25 <123 ... 567 ... 232425>