↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Just for the record - I'm loving my TDCi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
bjartin

Norway 
Thanks Johnny.
Yes, I love well-told stories. The only thing better than a good story, is experience the adventure itself. I have now ordered my 90 ", comes in 3 months time. Puma 90 MY 2010 (sold 2017)
Defender 110 MY 2001

http://www.youtube.com/bjartin
Post #25601 2nd Mar 2010 5:44pm
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Just to add - really loving mine and also glad I didn't listen to all the horror strories - mind you not yet 1 full week of ownership so hopefully nothing will change Very Happy

What I really really like:

1. Warm seat and warm bum on a chilly frosty morning
2. The choice of gear and seeing what I can get away with Whistle
3. The climb into the cockpit and the ability to look down on my minions Wink
4. The glorious colour grey (never thought I'd say that about grey!!)
5. The one touch wind down window - so much better than fumbling for an "under the knee winder"
6. I can berate hubby from the drivers seat and he can hear me (unlike in our older 110 - which for some reason he prefers to drive when I am around)

I'm loving it Razz

J Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #25611 2nd Mar 2010 8:21pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Hi all

just got the ScanGauge and plugged it in. This is a photo of the device with the engine idling:

Next step is to setup the fuel tank size and calibrate it and then use it as a trip computer and monitor the engine parameters not available on the EMS3 system!
Post #25620 2nd Mar 2010 9:25pm
quentin

Australia 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Alpine White
found this on another forum, but I'm sure the OP won't mind me reposting, fits the thread

Overall: This car is cool....very cool. Cool people step out of defenders; farmers,soldiers,firefighters,aid workers, explorers, royalty, mountain rescuers, special forces. It's not a car for men who are so highly preened and plucked they look like women. It's not a car for men who have a need to be looked at or feel the need to have a highly tuned 'chick magnet' with a 'woofer' box the size of a small country in the boot to prove they are a man. Metro sexual males will wince at the thought of climbing into a Defender in case they dirty their Armani jeans.
The man who drives a Defender is a down to earth, practical, modest all round bloody good egg that has a million cool stories about his life. He has no need for a 'big fast red' accessory to feel like he's made it in the world. When Landcruiser drivers criticise Defenders, Defender drivers just smile wryly. If someone criticises a Toyota you can bet you will receive an hour long lecture on why Toyotas are so good. Good maybe....but definitely not cool. One could say almost like any type of whitegoods....useful, practical but definitely not cool.
So there you go, if you are considering buying a Defender you will be part of a unique group of individuals, how many times have you driven a Toyota and had other Toyota drivers give you a wave when passing? Drive a Defender and you automatically enter into a unique band of people.
Post #158307 27th Jul 2012 2:02pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
quentin wrote:
found this on another forum, but I'm sure the OP won't mind me reposting, fits the thread

Overall: This car is cool....very cool. Cool people step out of defenders; farmers,soldiers,firefighters,aid workers, explorers, royalty, mountain rescuers, special forces. It's not a car for men who are so highly preened and plucked they look like women. It's not a car for men who have a need to be looked at or feel the need to have a highly tuned 'chick magnet' with a 'woofer' box the size of a small country in the boot to prove they are a man. Metro sexual males will wince at the thought of climbing into a Defender in case they dirty their Armani jeans.
The man who drives a Defender is a down to earth, practical, modest all round bloody good egg that has a million cool stories about his life. He has no need for a 'big fast red' accessory to feel like he's made it in the world. When Landcruiser drivers criticise Defenders, Defender drivers just smile wryly. If someone criticises a Toyota you can bet you will receive an hour long lecture on why Toyotas are so good. Good maybe....but definitely not cool. One could say almost like any type of whitegoods....useful, practical but definitely not cool.
So there you go, if you are considering buying a Defender you will be part of a unique group of individuals, how many times have you driven a Toyota and had other Toyota drivers give you a wave when passing? Drive a Defender and you automatically enter into a unique band of people.
quality
Post #158310 27th Jul 2012 2:24pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
T1G UP wrote:
quentin wrote:

quality

Indeed, but for the myriads of threads on here about head units, amps, speakers, woofers, choice of wheel and their respective colours etc etc etc Rolling with laughter Wink Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #158321 27th Jul 2012 3:22pm
deplec

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
I've owned a 2011 2.4 90 Hard Top for exactly 4 days and I've never been happier with a vehicle. Company cars for years; all nice; all smooth; but never once have I had as big a smile on my face as when I picked my first Land Rover up after years of wanting one. :D

I reckon nobody grew up dreaming of driving fuel efficient Audi's that stop/start in traffic; so whilst I expect some problems big and small my new ride has enough credit in the loyalty bank to handle those with ease.

I've not enough experience of the brand to say if a 2.4 Puma is better/worse than a 2.2; or if a TD5 is better than a Tdi; I imagine it depends what you want. But I'm made up with mine.

PS - Hi All.
Post #169171 18th Sep 2012 10:52pm
XS Pete

England 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Welcome to the mad house!

Pete
Post #169180 18th Sep 2012 11:02pm
deplec

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
XS Pete wrote:
Welcome to the mad house!

Pete

Cheers Pete Very Happy
Post #169181 18th Sep 2012 11:07pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
First time I've seen this thread. Very nice it is too Cool
Post #169189 18th Sep 2012 11:33pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Just wanted to say ...

I'm still very happy with mine too Thumbs Up John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #169204 19th Sep 2012 8:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
^^^^ Same as JSG for me too Smile NEVER SURRENDER! ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #169206 19th Sep 2012 8:44am
slick75

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
The puma is bloody fantastic after a 300 tdi as my daughter said its a defender but not as we know it Love it 08 def 90 ht stornaway grey
Post #169248 19th Sep 2012 11:55am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Forums invariably tell tales of woe, strife and can be full of negativity. Indeed there are those that will simply register to find the solution to a particular problem, contribute nothing constructive and be never heard from again unless of course they experience further issues. It used to be the same when someone had something to sell. (Still can be with sponsors hijacking threads and raising two or three different ones on the same subject in attempts to sell their wares.....pathetic!) This in my opinion (for what it may be worth) is one of the better threads and is well-worthy of the occasional....

If just to remind us living with a Defender isn't all bad! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #169258 19th Sep 2012 1:15pm
Treebeard

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Chawton White
Wife's 07 TDCi is altogether more capable than my very good TD5 - romps along in 6th. Who knows, it might be mine one day...
Post #169291 19th Sep 2012 3:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>