↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > NEW OWNER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
niglyn

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I had my new stonoway grey parked at Glasto this year. There were no end of people coming over to admire it. Had the carns blue there last year and nobody noticed it.

The glossy black seems to show the panel ripples far more. As for problems, you will only ever hear about the bad ones on here. My new LR had minor faults that the dealer should have put right before delivery, so much for the PDI. Other than that it has been fine. Up to 1000 miles now. mainly towing 1500kg load. No mechanical problems at all. Engine temp guage has never gone above half way, even when towing up steep hills or sittingt in bank holiday traffic jams.

Have fun & enjoy your Defender Very Happy
Post #14887 1st Sep 2009 3:05pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
110 XS in black. Excellent choice!
Post #14893 1st Sep 2009 4:07pm
dgardel

Italy 
Cannonball wrote:
Stornoway Grey every time!

I agree!!!!!! Bow down Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #14899 1st Sep 2009 5:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discocuzzy

England 
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up best colour You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #14901 1st Sep 2009 5:53pm
rick

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Definitely Stornoway!

I've had my 110 for a year and I've had zero problems. I think Defenders are in a unique category in terms of style and ride enjoyment (like a Porsche 911 is) and so as long as you go with the flow, any imperfections that you do encounter won't seem to matter all that much. For someone who borders obsessive compulsive I've actually enjoyed the transition from stressing about every little scratch (on my previous vehicle) to not really caring about the odd rattle or wind noise - liberating stuff! I just realised that I sound like Oprah.

Cheers,
Rick. 1998 RR HSE
2007 RRS TDV6
2008 Defender 110
2015 Discovery Sport
Post #14978 3rd Sep 2009 2:44am
SULLY

2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
rick wrote:
Definitely Stornoway!

I've had my 110 for a year and I've had zero problems. I think Defenders are in a unique category in terms of style and ride enjoyment (like a Porsche 911 is) and so as long as you go with the flow, any imperfections that you do encounter won't seem to matter all that much. For someone who borders obsessive compulsive I've actually enjoyed the transition from stressing about every little scratch (on my previous vehicle) to not really caring about the odd rattle or wind noise - liberating stuff! I just realised that I sound like Oprah.

Cheers,
Rick.

Hi Rick

Thats sounds so familiar. I suffer with terrible obsessiveness with vehicles Twisted Evil so I'm hoping I can also be a bit more relaxed with the defender. Defender liberate me Bow down Thumbs Up

Great to hear yours has been trouble free.
Post #14987 3rd Sep 2009 9:22am
rick

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Yes, it REALLY has been trouble free, which surprises me - I keep expecting to be disappointed, but nothing so far. By the way, my wife's RRSport has also been completely and utterly flawless (after 50,000 kms). To date, Land Rover's legendary unreliability just hasn't applied to us. Now I'm asking for trouble Confused !

Cheers,
Rick, 1998 RR HSE
2007 RRS TDV6
2008 Defender 110
2015 Discovery Sport
Post #15055 4th Sep 2009 5:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12