Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Defender Seat Frame
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Zapo

France 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Coniston Green
Defender Seat Frame
Hey everyone!

I needed to change my seat frames, which were looking a bit shabby. Given the price of genuine, I opted for Britpart (which is still a hefty bill) and I'm facing a problem. Impossible to slide the rail. I plastered it with WD40 and forced it a bit, it seems to work but it's extremely difficult. There seems to be some grease in the rail and it's stuck a bit. Does anyone have a solution to make sliding easier?

Cheers in advance!
Post #1049296 21st Oct 2024 9:14am
I Like Old Skool

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi ST Coniston Green
Is this before you fit the seat frame in place, i.e are you trying to move the runners by hand? If so then I suggest fitted them to the seat box and testing the movement with your body weight on them. The last thing you want are loose, rattly runners and they should free up a bit once used anyway. How often do you actually move your seats in normal use?
Post #1049297 21st Oct 2024 9:30am
Zapo

France 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Coniston Green
So, I tried both, I tried to move them before putting them in place, which allowed me, after gorging it well with WD40 to move it a little by hand, but even once put in place, with the weight of my body (maybe I should get a bit more fat?) I think they'll settle with time, but I'd like to free them a little all the same, without feeling like I'm forcing them too much.
I do think they'll come together over time, but I'd like to free them up a bit all the same, without feeling like I'm forcing too much.

I move them relatively little, the driver a little, to get access to my fridge trap. But sometimes, when I'm on a long trip, I move it forward a little to force myself to have a straight back.
Post #1049302 21st Oct 2024 9:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1