↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > New to me landy, anyone know it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
New to me landy, anyone know it?
Just picked up my new to me landy that been rebuilt on a Richard’s chassis, with new interior etc! Absolutel bargain price 😬.

Was it anyone’s on here? Or anyone know of it? Just looking for any info about it..

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thanks Jim 😬
Post #1047139 28th Sep 2024 10:22pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
hi jim, how much did you pick that up for? My dads just had his redone, for 27k and from the state of it, you wouldn't think it was a 27k rebuild. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1047146 29th Sep 2024 1:36am
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
Hi mate, I couldn’t believe my look with it tbh..

It was advertised on auto trader for £12995 I’ve been looking everyday so spotted it as soon as it was listed and put a deposit down straight away!! They then had it in their workshop for a PDI and found an oil leak from the engine that’s really not that bad at all.. I’ve had a few defenders in my time and they all had an oil leak or two.. obviously they let me know and said it will be repaired before I collect but will take some time, (a week or two)

I’d already booked the train and hotel to go collect it was from down Eastbourne way (group 1 assured) so a good trek from me, so I spent a day or two on the phone from them and agreed to collect the landy at a discounted price of over £2600.. that’s what they offered! I couldn’t get the train quick enough and the final bill including deposit I paid was £10370.. I really think they didn’t have a clue what they had and just thought it was an “old” landy.. the lad I dealt with had never even been in one before! it’s without a doubt the tightest most well sorted landy I’ve owned, and knowing your parents just spent 27k on a similar build I feel even better about the money I’ve spent. I do want to add that I have seen your thread about your parents landy and I think they have been treated like you know what and hope you can get something sorted.

Jim.
Post #1047164 29th Sep 2024 9:06am
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
My little lad is obsessed already so it’s got to be a keeper this time the wife says! lol.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1047166 29th Sep 2024 9:12am
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
Sorry for rambling but feel like I’ve won the lottery with this one. There isn’t even and rot on the door bottoms or bulkhead. Chassis still has sticker on it 🥳.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1047167 29th Sep 2024 9:23am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
looks the business and hopefully it proves to be as genuine as it looks Thumbs Up

if it were me there'd be one thing I'd want to sort out......paint the galz rear cross member black Mr. Green Thumbs Up

ps. I wish you happy motoring.
Post #1047199 29th Sep 2024 3:28pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
That looks fantastic - almost too good to be true.

Hope you have many years of happy motoring, dead jealous!
Post #1047213 29th Sep 2024 5:14pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Jim1988 wrote:
Hi mate, I couldn’t believe my look with it tbh..

It was advertised on auto trader for £12995 I’ve been looking everyday so spotted it as soon as it was listed and put a deposit down straight away!! They then had it in their workshop for a PDI and found an oil leak from the engine that’s really not that bad at all.. I’ve had a few defenders in my time and they all had an oil leak or two.. obviously they let me know and said it will be repaired before I collect but will take some time, (a week or two)

I’d already booked the train and hotel to go collect it was from down Eastbourne way (group 1 assured) so a good trek from me, so I spent a day or two on the phone from them and agreed to collect the landy at a discounted price of over £2600.. that’s what they offered! I couldn’t get the train quick enough and the final bill including deposit I paid was £10370.. I really think they didn’t have a clue what they had and just thought it was an “old” landy.. the lad I dealt with had never even been in one before! it’s without a doubt the tightest most well sorted landy I’ve owned, and knowing your parents just spent 27k on a similar build I feel even better about the money I’ve spent. I do want to add that I have seen your thread about your parents landy and I think they have been treated like you know what and hope you can get something sorted.

Jim.

jim that looks like the buy of the decade that! I paid 12k for my TD5 and yours is much better nick! I think my parents are in two minds on going back there to have stuff sorted out. I am waiting for them to do so, then after that, its facebook name and shame time. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1047219 29th Sep 2024 6:28pm
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
Caterham wrote:
looks the business and hopefully it proves to be as genuine as it looks Thumbs Up

if it were me there'd be one thing I'd want to sort out......paint the galz rear cross member black Mr. Green Thumbs Up

ps. I wish you happy motoring.

Hi mate thanks for the compliment and I also hope it’s a good one. So far so good, 500 miles done in 2 days and all great so far 🤓.

Yes I am contemplating painting it, but also thinking of putting a towbar on, so I’m going to wait and if the towbar I end up with needs a lick of paint, I’ll probably just do the crossmember at the same time.
Post #1047220 29th Sep 2024 6:38pm
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
ickle wrote:
That looks fantastic - almost too good to be true.

Hope you have many years of happy motoring, dead jealous!

Thanks mate, I was half thinking this must be a scam! But as it was from a company that was researchable etc I took the risk, and so far seems to have paid off. Think of it was a private sale I would have looked at it differently!
Post #1047221 29th Sep 2024 6:40pm
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
jim that looks like the buy of the decade that! I paid 12k for my TD5 and yours is much better nick! I think my parents are in two minds on going back there to have stuff sorted out. I am waiting for them to do so, then after that, its facebook name and shame time. Thumbs Up[/quote]

Thanks mate 🤓.

Yes i agree see if you can get something sorted or something back before you name and shame on Facebook.
Post #1047222 29th Sep 2024 6:43pm
jmw

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Looks like you picked up a bargain.

That was previously for sale in 2022 at The Thatched Garage, Park Corner, East Hoathly, Lewes BN8 6RD. I think originally it was up for £25k. When they dropped it to £20k I test drove it but it sold before I could get it checked over by my independent.

I believe they did all the refurbishment including the chassis. I think they said it’d also had the clutch done. No idea of the history prior to that…I don’t think they had much paperwork on it.

Might be worth giving them a call if you’ve after more details?

Hope that’s helpful Thumbs Up

Enjoy!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1047286 30th Sep 2024 3:05pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Looks like a great buy Thumbs Up

Our kids have loved ours and still talk about the holidays we have had it in, we have owned it just over 9 years.

It becomes more than just a car Smile

Now you have saved £2600 you have money to spend on security & bits Thumbs Up Great man maths
Post #1047288 30th Sep 2024 3:23pm
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
jmw wrote:
Looks like you picked up a bargain.

That was previously for sale in 2022 at The Thatched Garage, Park Corner, East Hoathly, Lewes BN8 6RD. I think originally it was up for £25k. When they dropped it to £20k I test drove it but it sold before I could get it checked over by my independent.

I believe they did all the refurbishment including the chassis. I think they said it’d also had the clutch done. No idea of the history prior to that…I don’t think they had much paperwork on it.

Might be worth giving them a call if you’ve after more details?

Hope that’s helpful Thumbs Up

Enjoy!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Oh mate that’s some great information, and telly up with what history it has, very little after 2011 unfortunately!! looks to have had a new clutch around that time (2022), nothing on the rebuild though unfortunately but going off the MOT history it was off the road from 2020-2022 so assumed it was rebuilt in that time! Tyres are all dated 2021 as well.. not sure if you agree when you test drove it but the gear lever is the nicest and tightest defender I’ve driven, suspect it’s got a slick shift so I will be taking the gator off to inspect, but that could have been done by whoever got it in 2022…

I will certainly be sending them an email with proof I own the landy and hopefully they will send me some info about it.

Thanks for the lovely info and a couple pics of the rear end 🤓
Post #1047296 30th Sep 2024 4:46pm
Jim1988

United Kingdom 
Stacey007 wrote:
Looks like a great buy Thumbs Up

Our kids have loved ours and still talk about the holidays we have had it in, we have owned it just over 9 years.

It becomes more than just a car Smile

Now you have saved £2600 you have money to spend on security & bits Thumbs Up Great man maths

Thanks mate, I’m definitely more than happy at what I paid and would probably has paid a fair wack more also… also been to paddocks today and got my first mod a swing away carrier, as the back door is intact and not rotten I want to keep it that way, so that’s going to be fitted Wednesday morning when I’ve got the morning off work.

Yes my lad loves them also. Cried when my last one went so I can’t see that again, it’s definitely a keeper even if my wife thinks otherwise, I do tend to swap and change my motors and bikes a fair wack!

Yes security is definitely on the cards. It has 3 layers so far but will be adding more 🤓
Post #1047297 30th Sep 2024 4:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>