↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Clutch fluid.. Dot 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
andy63

United Kingdom 
Interesting thoughts and have to admit I was wondering whether to just let the debris build up rather than keep removing it ..
When i first bought this truck two and a half years ago, I was new to landrovers and defenders..I decided I wanted a servo on the clutch and couldn't believe the state of the clutch fluid when i opened the reservoir up
..to this day I still don't know why it's a feature of defender clutches..
I've never owned any other vehicle where the clutch fluid contaminates as badly...
Unlike you my fluid wasn't leaking..it was the driven plate springs that gave up and prompted the clutch system replacement.. which then led to this thread..
I have a cast iron master cylinder I was going to reline with seamless brass or s/s tube, but sort of gave up on that idea when the lab results of a sample of my contaminated fluid that was analysed indicated the contaminant was largely silicone based..if it had shown any metals in the form of aluminium that would have been my next try..
Anyway hope you get sorted with yours and if you have any contamination of your fluid after your change of cylinder it would be good to hear👍
Post #1046673 24th Sep 2024 5:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123