↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > Need some post collection day advice please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Biffyg

Need some post collection day advice please!
Hopefully you more seasoned LR UK purchasers can give me some tips here. Collected my new P400e X-Dynamic HSE in tasman blue yesterday, my first LR. The turnaround has been quite quick, ordered end of feb and if I hadnt of stalled it I probably could have had it 2+ weeks ago.

We collected direct at the dealer yesterday, entered a very dark collection booth and the first thing I noticed when she opened the car door was the dark interior and headliner. In my build I had the light oyster/lunar interior and headliner - to be honest I'm more of an interior person than exterior most of the time as I'm the one driving so that was the part I was most looking forward to. I pointed out it wasn't what i ordered but on both of us checking the order form there was no mention of the oyster/lunar - even though i vividly remember discussing this with her during the order as we discussed having kids on light seats!

Next up - bonnet decal had been added - I thought i'd asked for this to be deleted, however I now see it was part of the explorer pack....

Onto the explorer pack - I think she put the wrong explorer pack on - I got a call the day before the collection from the salesperson and she mentioned the wheel arches were in matt black and they didn't match everything else in gloss, so should she leave them off so i could get them painted as I needed the car quicker than they could do it, i agreed to this, they said they could add them later. It was only last night when I realised there is a difference between explorer pack black and explorer pack general.......this would also explain why the gear carrier side box is silver. Not what I wanted at all and only really realised after I'd left.

This is playing on my mind now and to be honest left the experience a bit tainted by the time I got home last night and digested it all.

We were introduced to the 'new car manager' before we left yesterday - planning to ring the guy to discuss today but what would you do in my shoes? As a minimum I think they have to replace the side box and get those wheel arches sprayed and fitted? I really don't think there's much i can do about the interior??

All in all though the car is very good after having it for less than 24 hours! Not sure about the <24miles from a full charge though? 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1035453 23rd May 2024 7:53am
Defendit..

Netherlands 
X-dynamic comes standard with black headliner.. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S MY21 on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #1035454 23rd May 2024 8:36am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Welcome to the LR club. Your post reads like you didn't quite understand what you were ordering. I'm not sure what you expect LR to do in these circumstances? You've got a really smart vehicle, I'd just kick back and enjoy it.
Post #1035456 23rd May 2024 9:05am
Biffyg

I'm not expecting them to change the headliner and the upholstery - just feel a bit disappointed myself for not checking properly. Especially as the spec was done against my LR build, even adding extra options through the process such as the fridge & wireless charger and upgrading to the electric towbar during.

For the explorer pack I'm going to request they sort the box, trim and possibly the decal - although the wife does like that. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1035463 23rd May 2024 9:40am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Yep been there twice with BMWs. Better spec = black headlining / trim. The only solution and cheaper is to add the sunroof. Worth considering for the future.
Post #1035465 23rd May 2024 10:28am
Biffyg

I have actually got the pan roof which helps. It was more the 2 tone seats I thought would look amazing! 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1035466 23rd May 2024 10:34am
RDR

United Kingdom 
I feel for you, having ordered many land rovers I have learnt the hard way to go over spec and Double check order sheet and build sheets closely. Adding things can effect other things and dealers don’t always understand detail as I do.

Talk to your dealer, they may be able to help with some of it. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #1035473 23rd May 2024 12:29pm
LR Nuts

Biffyg wrote:

For the explorer pack I'm going to request they sort the box, trim and possibly the decal - although the wife does like that.

Ask them to get a side box like this, better than their standard. Whistle

Click image to enlarge
Post #1035474 23rd May 2024 12:34pm
Biffyg

I did think about just asking them to paint it, make it a bit more bespoke.

Either way, they didn't call me back today so I'll be back onto them tomorrow. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1035503 23rd May 2024 6:51pm
Biffyg

After the rain has finally stopped this morning I can see the roof rack is full of scratches like it was put on a concrete floor before fitting. Anyway I've registered this and a the other items in writing now and sent the pics through. The guy dealing with it will be back in tomorrow and someone called me in the meantime.

Car is great so far, really growing on me, got the EV unavailable message this morning twice, no idea why yet but I'll have a read. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1035557 24th May 2024 11:53am
LR Nuts

Biffyg wrote:
I did think about just asking them to paint it, make it a bit more bespoke.

Either way, they didn't call me back today so I'll be back onto them tomorrow.

The LR genuine roof racks do suffer from paint peeling off, over time, and that is less than 2 yrs.
search other threads on this problem.
Post #1035566 24th May 2024 12:57pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
This sounds like things are bad and getting worse the more you spot,

I know I have spent some time on the configurator and even changing the trim colour on the dashboard can put the seats and trim back to black,

I would specifically want the lighter interior with light headlining as it makes the inside feel so much nicer. Then spotting the other bits not being correct, the scratches on the rack and the error messages on dashboard after 24 hrs...

Should you not have accepted it on collection? Is there no order form for the spec with the colours etc listed? It must have been signed off I guess?

I'm fairly laid back but these faults / issues would be enough to reject the car, its a hole load of money and not as you wanted, that would annoy me everyday.

I'm not sure what your actual options are legally but I know it must be frustrated and the car is not as you thought it would be, a real shame.
Post #1035567 24th May 2024 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1