↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > My 130 baubles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
My 130 baubles
So I’ve gone and done it. I’ve had the side gear box, side ladder, Hunters rear bumper cover, reversing lights, side steps and the chav spoiler (wife and her Dad convinced me🙄)
I still love it although I doubt I’ll ever park it anywhere. Seriously parking has not been a problem so far.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Now it needs a good clean. 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1034307 9th May 2024 2:47pm
LR Nuts

" ... I doubt I’ll ever park it anywhere ..."

don't eat your Weetabix and park over two two spaces.

Laughing Laughing
Post #1034327 9th May 2024 6:43pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not worried about it being left. It’s the size of it. It towers above me and sticks out a good two feet over the Tesco parking space. 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1034328 9th May 2024 6:50pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Great accessories, but its just too clean.... Laughing Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1034354 9th May 2024 10:38pm
DFNDER

Australia 
Love the ladder and side box, spoiler not so much, but it does suit. Agree they are a large vehicle, here in Oz the Nissan patrols and Toyota landcruisers are larger again.
Post #1034364 10th May 2024 3:37am
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
The spoiler I hadn’t chosen as a definite yes as I wanted to see it on. I went with my father in law and we both held it in place for the other to critique. I wasn’t too keen at first but when it was taken off it looked like it was missing. My FIL thought exactly the same and voiced just that. And so it sits on the roof/back of my car. 🤷‍♂️ 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1034579 12th May 2024 8:51pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
l've got a roof spoiler for my 90. I've put it on the vehicle a few times to see if l like it. l can't decide, but when it's removed it does look like there's something missing.
l asked for opinions on the forums and got almost universally derided for even suggesting l fit it to the vehicle. At the moment it's still in the garage, sat on top of the spare set of steel wheels/tyres l picked up for next to nothing, and the spare front lower panel that someone was giving away and l thought one day l might need.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1034680 14th May 2024 8:41am
DFNDER

Australia 
Have you done the front recovery eye panel mod that Simon from powerful UK has shown? He sells an alu panel that replaces the factory plastic, but if you hsve a spare panel you could mod one to see how it looks.

Re spoiler, each to their own i say, if you like it, fit it up and who cares what others say.
Post #1034681 14th May 2024 8:58am
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
Yeah I saw your post and the reaction to it. I can’t say as I take any real notice of opinion based stuff as it’s a subjective point of view. Maybe four or five people said no. So they’ll take the mick when you’re all out together. Oh no, you won’t be going out with them as they only exist as typed words on a forum. All this off roader 4x4 rules that some like to quote is utter rubbish. I bought my car because I tow a 2.5 tonne caravan and have 8 in my immediate family who will be able to get in my car when we go out for a meal/pint. It suits my needs and I like the look of it. The interior design suits me for what I do and I don’t need anyone else’s opinion as to wether or not I should or shouldn’t as it’s my hard earned money so my choice. I don’t mean to offend but really, what’s it got to do with anyone else. Judge me all you want and it’ll make absolutely no difference to what I want and what I get. It’s my choice only. 🫣 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1034688 14th May 2024 9:38am
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 
It also keeps the back end planted at speed. 🤭 24MY 130 X-Dynamic HSE Santorini Black
Post #1034694 14th May 2024 9:48am
DFNDER

Australia 
Huwrhys wrote:
Yeah I saw your post and the reaction to it. I can’t say as I take any real notice of opinion based stuff as it’s a subjective point of view. Maybe four or five people said no. So they’ll take the mick when you’re all out together. Oh no, you won’t be going out with them as they only exist as typed words on a forum. All this off roader 4x4 rules that some like to quote is utter rubbish. I bought my car because I tow a 2.5 tonne caravan and have 8 in my immediate family who will be able to get in my car when we go out for a meal/pint. It suits my needs and I like the look of it. The interior design suits me for what I do and I don’t need anyone else’s opinion as to wether or not I should or shouldn’t as it’s my hard earned money so my choice. I don’t mean to offend but really, what’s it got to do with anyone else. Judge me all you want and it’ll make absolutely no difference to what I want and what I get. It’s my choice only. 🫣

Exactly, I have very similar reasoning for choosing my 110 P400SE and I don't really care what others think. Well done
Post #1034699 14th May 2024 10:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1