↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Telescopic mirrors initial thoughts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PoormansXS

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Buckingham Blue
Telescopic mirrors initial thoughts
Just thought I’d share my thoughts on these as haven’t seen them posted anywhere else. They’re from designdevelopmenteng.

The silver nut is slackened using the included tool (more on that later) and the arms can then be adjusted in and out and locked back in place.

I also got the adapters that allow the mirrors to be tilted 90 degrees to give abit of extra length when towing. The adapters are plastic but are sturdy and tough.

So what’s it all like? The adapters are great and do exactly what they’re suppose to. The arms are really well made and look the part in my opinion. Initially I found the wrench for adjusting them a little bit of a pain because it slips off the nut easily. However I think this is actually a very clever design to stop them from being over tightened.

Worth it? (I got these second hand) I’ll be honest the arms are very expensive to buy new and if I didn’t see a second hand set I’d have probably just gone for the adapters (also quite pricey for what they are) I haven’t put them to test with the caravan on the back yet but I do think it’s some seriously well made stuff. The previous owner did tell me he had to get some upgraded springs to stop the arms from folding in over 60mph but the manufacturer did mention these are an early set, so hopefully they’ve rectified this now.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1032674 24th Apr 2024 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1