↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Alive Tuning's ATRIC Remap.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Print this entire topic · 
david110

Scotland 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Re: Alive Tuning's ATRIC Remap.
Lorryman100 wrote:
Received this Saturday morning at 9am after ordering it the day before, next day delivery, well impressed. Bow down

Click image to enlarge

I also got an email containing the set up programme and instructions on how to set the unit up. So out came the Laptop and the set up programme loaded it was just a case of plugging the unit in to the laptop, by use of the supplied usb cable.

Click image to enlarge

Once all this was done it was out to the landy and plug the ATRIC unit into the OBDII socket. I then chose from the menu to read the ecu and it copied the original vehicle map. It takes about 10 mins to do but tells you when its finished. Once the unit finished it was unplugged from landy and reconnected to the laptop. I then saved the original engine file to the hard disc and unplugged the unit

Next I emailed Gary at Alive the original map file explaining what I wanted from the remap. I asked for a remap to help with towing and fuel economy and the ability to be a boy racer should the need arise Whistle I got a confirmation back almost instantly saying it would take him about twenty minutes or so, remember that its Saturday afternoon Bow down Then as promised I got the remap, well 3 remaps to be precise, along with the explanations:

V1 is steady, and should be really good on fuel.
V2 Is Stronger, and should give a good all round balance of torque and economy
V3 is pretty hot, but I don’t recommend this to be used if the vehicle is going to be working hard.

So I got 3 remap files to try, unfortunately by the time I got everything done I had to go to work Big Cry So this morning me the missus and the three dogs took a run down to Ayr with version 1 installed. Engine was very smooth through all gears, power and feel felt very close too the standard tune but as it should be and not what we get as standard. Gave the dogs a couple of hours walk and a swim in the sea and back to landy too install version 2. Wow, what a difference. Tons of torque and to get that pushed into your seat feeling from a defender (The missus commented that it felt like being in her car, Mitsubishi Lancer) was exhilarating Very Happy This is my first remap and boy I'm impressed, the power transfer is so smooth and there always seems to be more waiting should I need it. I spent the day trying to find flat spots with both v1 and v2, pulling away in second to accelerating in high gear with very low revs. Didn't need to change out of 6th gear when cruising and we have some good climbs up here. Came back over Rest and be thankfull, and worked the landy hard in every gear and still couldn't find a reason to fault the remap. Very happy with v2 so not going to be tempted with v3 as once installed I dont think I would take it off Whistle
Just a thought, if any one is having clutch problems due to a rough running engine then maybe this remap is what you need to smooth out the power on your Landy Question
I filled the Landy up this morning, covered 107 miles working the Landy hard with lots of dual carriageway/motorway driving at 70mph-ish Whistle then back to garage to fill up. Landy took 18 litres which works out at 5.94MPL or 26.75 MPG. Not bad when I considered how much I thrashed it today. Back to normal driving style tomorrow though, as I will then be able to judge fuel consumption with the remap, and based on the above figures, should be very good Thumbs Up

So to sum up, I can't fault the service and remap from Gary at Alive Tuning and would recommend them to any one considering a Remap in the future. The power delivery and smoothness of the engine has to be felt to be beleived Very Happy I feel like a boy racer now, albeit a fat baldy middle aged one that is Whistle So Gary if you read this, you have gained one very happy customer, see you soon for the Intercooler, Decat pipe ,Samco XDB hoses and the SS exhaust system Thumbs Up

What happens when you take the landy to the dealer for a service, can they see the remap or do you remove it prior to your visit?

Thanks
Post #83697 10th Aug 2011 9:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

You just take off the remap file and replace it with the original engine fuel file using the Atric remap interface, takes about 10mins from start to finish Thumbs Up
Post #83705 10th Aug 2011 10:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TheTechnobear

Spain 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
Such good reviews, looks like a very interesting upgrade Smile

I spend much of my time on country roads, and mud tracks,
Im assuming the improved 'smoothness' should help there too..
Any experiences?

Any thoughts on how a remap might be tailored for this?
Post #100739 18th Nov 2011 4:33pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Did mine today and tried it out on the way to work. Huge difference Very Happy and quite torquey around 2000 rpm.
Gary at Alive is very helpful and after a week or so I will call him again to see if the file needs adjustment.
He warned me of torque judder in the front prop, so I will be looking out for that especially.
One strange thing though - no more EGR "chucka x 5" (self cleaning?) when switching off... Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #100742 18th Nov 2011 4:50pm
Augusto

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
How about anti stall feature? Still working with new mapping?
Thanks, Augusto.
Post #100821 18th Nov 2011 10:29pm
ZeDefender

Augusto wrote:
How about anti stall feature? Still working with new mapping?
Thanks, Augusto.

Anti-stall is working fine + now with a bit more torque, I can pull away in second gear more gently than before (normally a bit tricky in a 110). Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #100824 18th Nov 2011 11:00pm
wslr

United Kingdom 
ZeDefender wrote:
One strange thing though - no more EGR "chucka x 5" (self cleaning?) when switching off...

The map comes with the EGR disabled - similar to the Td5 EGR blanking, but done with software rather than hardware. It means you are getting cold clean air into the inlet all the time for a more efficient and powerful burn.
Post #100905 19th Nov 2011 10:55am
ZeDefender

wslr wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:
One strange thing though - no more EGR "chucka x 5" (self cleaning?) when switching off...

The map comes with the EGR disabled - similar to the Td5 EGR blanking, but done with software rather than hardware. It means you are getting cold clean air into the inlet all the time for a more efficient and powerful burn.

Thanks - know if there are any longer-term side effects?
Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #100957 19th Nov 2011 2:46pm
Ranger

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 G4 LE Zambezi Silver
Had the Stage 1 package done on my 110 TD5 CSW last month. It was carried out by Beyond Performance 4x4 in Belfast. The remap part of the package is by Alive Tuning. Together with the EGR blanking kit and decat downpipe, it's like driving a different veh. The power is smooth through the range, no flat spots and the exhaust note is brilliant. It had a remap already done by Simmonites when I bought it and it used to smoke like a steam train, no smoke now, well impressed. Thumbs Up
Post #100966 19th Nov 2011 3:26pm
wslr

United Kingdom 
ZeDefender wrote:
Matt

Not sure, Matt. I think EGR's are yet another way of creating more issues - I can't see how they will save the planet when so many vehicles are running around with semi-issues, and as a result are polluting more. It works against itself.

I want to talk to Gary about it at some point. It would be nice if they ran a self clean program every now and again, just to free the valve. I also think the extra performance (or at least doing away with the standard de-tune map) would probably keep the engine running cleaner anyway.
Post #100979 19th Nov 2011 4:36pm
ZeDefender

wslr wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:
Matt

Not sure, Matt. I think EGR's are yet another way of creating more issues - I can't see how they will save the planet when so many vehicles are running around with semi-issues, and as a result are polluting more. It works against itself.

I want to talk to Gary about it at some point. It would be nice if they ran a self clean program every now and again, just to free the valve. I also think the extra performance (or at least doing away with the standard de-tune map) would probably keep the engine running cleaner anyway.

Agreed Thumbs Up
The beauty of having the ATRIC is that you can put the tune back to "normal" for a week or so every now and again. Hopefully, that should keep the EGR valve etc. ticking over. Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #101016 19th Nov 2011 7:03pm
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
ZeDefender wrote:

The beauty of having the ATRIC is that you can put the tune back to "normal" for a week or so every now and again. Hopefully, that should keep the EGR valve etc. ticking over.

I can re-enable the self cleaning cycle if you wish? I just turn it off, because I can! Mr. Green
Post #101791 22nd Nov 2011 11:57pm
ZeDefender

Alive Tuning wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:

The beauty of having the ATRIC is that you can put the tune back to "normal" for a week or so every now and again. Hopefully, that should keep the EGR valve etc. ticking over.

I can re-enable the self cleaning cycle if you wish? I just turn it off, because I can! Mr. Green

Many thanks for the new map and great service. I will try it this morning and let you know how I get on Thumbs Up
As far as the turbo goes, it was probably a dud manifold in the first place - it's not uncommon. The whistling is only loud when the engine's quite hot, which won't happen that often during a Munich Winter!
Anyway, when I'm sure it's the manifold (still haven't been bothered to look yet - cold outside), I will fit a Nak. gasket next year and "improve" (another) one of the things LR perhaps didn't quite get right Very Happy
Cheers
Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #101820 23rd Nov 2011 9:22am
Tim seymour

Australia 
The Boy wrote:
Yes mate getting the same faults for over two months now. Last time it went they said when they looked at it they said nothing was wrong and that there were no faults when they checked but I knew there was as I checked before. As Pete has said I think there are some they can't see.

I have the list at work but not with me. These are on most of the time and were there this morning 404,100, 299,1643, U0155, U0300. I also get these sometimes 606, 68A,1103

dropped it off at another dealers this morning so here's hoping.
hi my name is tim i have alive tune and checked last night and have po606 do you know what it is Cess the Taswegian
Post #166111 3rd Sep 2012 11:04am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Tim seymour wrote:
hi my name is tim i have alive tune and checked last night and have po606 do you know what it is

Hi,

From: http://bellautoservices.co.uk/?s=p0606&search=Search

P0606 Engine control module (ECM) processor - circuit voltage below threshold ECM fault

I also have that error code every now and then, nothing to worry about --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #166119 3rd Sep 2012 12:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678