↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Australian Celebration Series spec sheet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Pickles,

I'm not sure that there are too many mechanical differences between the 122bhp and 150 bhp engines. I think it is mainly through a re-map of the ECU where the additional power is gained.

It's worth trying to find a defender which has been uprated to 150bhp to test to see if you think it is worth spending the money.

I have a 2014 125bhp puma engined Transit Custom Double Cab which I bought after testing the 155bhp version as I couldn't notice much of a difference in normal driving. It's probably due to the fact that the torque outputs on both engines are not far apart.
Post #416306 15th Apr 2015 6:40am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Pickles wrote:
Bummer, my mistake.
I'm still going to try to find out if I can get the 150HP "bits" to install in Gracie.
Pickles.
I believe the guys are right Martin, but why not just go for a re-map on Gracie... Question

I'm not sure it can't even be achieved 'at a distance' from some of the guys on D2... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #416312 15th Apr 2015 7:25am
YOLO110

Australia 
Pickles wrote:
Bummer, my mistake.
I'm still going to try to find out if I can get the 150HP "bits" to install in Gracie.
Pickles.

Not a Bummer mate!

PM on the way! Very Happy YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #416320 15th Apr 2015 8:47am
Is Vic There

Australia 
Went in to see the Brisbane dealer today to get some sort of confirmation, must admit since I have placed my order he seems to have become not as helpful! After asking a few questions I got the impression that he just wanted me to go so he could sell some more Rang Rovers!

Anyway, he did not know anything about the Landmark edition and said it was not coming to Australia.
He did not think the 90 Adventure would have the 150hp engine fitted as it was not in any of his LR sales information.
The Australia Adventure would not have the snorkel and roof rack.
When questioned on the delivery date he said it was due to hit the production line in August and was due down here mid to late October.
He also said that LR Australia will stop taking orders for the Defender on the 30th of June and the option list is decreasing vapidly!
Post #427949 2nd Jun 2015 7:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123