↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Remote app door unlocking Defender 2020
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kingfisher24

England 
Remote app door unlocking Defender 2020
I managed to lock myself out this evening. The app said you have forgotten to lock your car so I did with the app. The keys were in the car and it still locked. The app would not open the car again. However many times I tried it timed out. I could start it and run climate and beep and flash but not get back in! The only way back in was a long drive for a kind sole with the spare key. Am I the only one? I often find it will not open on the app but normally after two or three attempts it will.
Post #1033327 29th Apr 2024 9:47pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
if you've had the latest security update the app unlock does not work 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #1033395 30th Apr 2024 2:12pm
Kingfisher24

England 
Remote unlocking
he has just been warned of a glitch in the remote app after the theft mitigation recall we are carrying out.

The key locked in the vehicle can be deactivated then stopping the remote app unlocking the car. I have been told you need to unlock the key with your second key and remove the original key. The 1st key for the time being is going be unusable. He then went on to say that from now on it is best to never lock any keys in the car from the remote app as this can deactivate the second key further requiring 2 new key fobs, KVM and possible BCM.

He let me know that Land Rover are trying to sort this glitch out and at some point, will be able to reactivate the first key, but for the time being it will not be able to work.
Post #1033396 30th Apr 2024 2:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1