↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Accessory socket capacity/ trailer aux charging?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Justtellme

Canada 2003 Defender 110 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Accessory socket capacity/ trailer aux charging?
My spouse recently surprised me with camper trailer purchase ( Little Guy Max FX Rough Rider with torsion axle and extra ground clearance for rougher tracks at about 2500# dry weight.( for those that are interested in that sort of thing?)

Trailer end wire has a seven blade North American connector with extra provision for +12v charging of onboard camper battery and 12v brake controller and reverse lights.

I’m trying to splice together a 7 blade trailer connector from the wires available from the euro 7 pin trailer connector to graft onto the back end of the 2003 110.

I already have an adapter sorted for the signals, tail lights and brake lights. I’m guessing I will have to run a blue wire to the first row seats for the brake controller and wire through a spare fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box with a tap on the brake pedal switch to run the brake controller.

I also plan to tap into the existing reverse light wire to feed the NA trailer plug.

For the +12v charging, I’ve been researching the LR electrical diagrams and discovered two accessory sockets at the rear for Land Rover accessories…..Would either of these be suitable for charging a trailer battery while on the move or would it be better to just run a dedicated charging cable and isolation relay from the battery compartment?

What period LR “ accessories” were these sockets supposed to be utilized for?

I was pretty surprised how little info there is online for powering/ connecting electric trailer brakes and trailer charging for Defenders online. I admit to not being the best at googling, so if anyone has any useful links, I would be super grateful. Any other general advice about towing a larger trailer with a defender would also be welcome as I really have only used it to tow a small aluminum boat in the past.

Thank you
Patrick
Post #1048087 9th Oct 2024 3:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1