Home > Events > LRO Show
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
LRO Show
Did anyone go this year?

I wanted to go as I knew Exmoor Trim were going to be there and I want some new front seats, but I never made it. Life got in the way.

There was one uncomplimentary comment left on their Instagram post about the main arena commentary being tiresome and the show being nothing like it used to be and Billing Show was better (I bet the organisers were happy with the posters honesty Rolling with laughter )

So what did others think? Was the Insta poster correct, or just being a bit harsh?

Should have made the effort. Norfolk to Exmoor Trim's HQ to sit in a couple of seats is going to be trial!
Post #1045251 8th Sep 2024 9:31pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I think what put some folk off, including myself with some shows is the fact at one time it had been known for some people to go to a show (not this one in particular) only to find their vehicle had been stolen there.

So quite expectedly, that put off a lot of people ongoing, going to LR related shows.

Quite sad really, and also there is the factor of distance to travel to these shows. NEVER SURRENDER! β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #1045252 8th Sep 2024 9:36pm
Rashers

Understandable really.

No one wants to lose their pride and joy and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of stories of stolen vehicles (even JLR lost one of their own Defenders at a show Shocked ) and also stall owners having kit nicked at these types of event.

The Peterborough show used to have a large auto jumble (not sure if the LRO show still has this element). I always struggled somewhat with these. I know some of the traders will be straight and legitamate but I could never get my mind away from the fact that a proportion of what was being sold were parts from stolen stripped down Defenders. It just normalised it.
Post #1045254 8th Sep 2024 9:56pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
We went bad had a great time, good crowd and lovely atmosphere. Camped for 2 nights with good showers and toilets.
I seem to remember that the Billing show had a rash of thefts from vehicles parked in the car park but not heard of anything from the Peterbourgh show or this one.
Arena was non-stop all day and had good displays - and the evening had pet friendly fireworks.
We enjoyed it and will go again.
Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #1045274 9th Sep 2024 7:55am
Rashers

That’s positive, Wyvern.

Good showers and toilets makes the world of difference to me when I camp.

There were numerous reports of thefts at the Peterborough show from stall holders on the Saturday night one year, even when the organisers had security guards.

Billing always seems to get problems.

Our local Royal Norfolk Show has had some quite major thefts and that is fenced around and has security on every gate.

Not sure what can be done on car parks, especially when so many of the add ons are just bolted on and easily removed Crying or Very sad

I have a daily euro box I use for work. It just seems a shame to rock up at a Land Rover Show in a Fiesta.
Post #1045278 9th Sep 2024 8:22am
steve_c3

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
We went for the day this year. The car park had a fenced area at the front of it for Defenders with security checking vehicles in and out. They were noting down reg numbers and taking passwords from you on the way in which you had to give on the way out in order to leave. Seemed like a good deterrent at least. 2002 Defender 110 CSW TD5
Post #1045293 9th Sep 2024 11:03am
derbywill

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
We went on Sunday, The Defender parking was great it was even close to the entrance so was easy to carry out purchases to drop off into the 90.

We had a great time, got some good deals, talked to plenty of folk and was there all day, alittle disappointing when some of the sellers had packed up just after 1pm tho.

Cheers

Will 2005 90 XS
1954 86'' Series 1 tilt
1968 88” 2A 200tdi
2002 110 Hardtop
Post #1045294 9th Sep 2024 11:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1