↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > L663 Engine Fault Code + Electrical Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
22-L663C-

Canada 
L663 Engine Fault Code + Electrical Issue
I took my 2022 P400 SE in for regular service last Monday, during which they added the security update for anti-theft.

I was suppose to have it back the next day, when the dealership stated that when they went to start it the car was dead. They replaced the battery and kept it another night, yet same issue persisted on Wednesday morning.

It has now been a week and the dealer on multiple occasions says it's fixed and will have it to me the next day. I spoke to the service manager today and was told that they've had to send all diagnostics to the factory as they cannot find the problem.

I have been scouring the forums and found a post where someone stated that they had deactivated keyless entry, something I have also done, and it fixed their battery from draining after the security updated... (Im not an expert and this is the internet after all, but mentioned it to the service manager who seemed to think it unimportant).

As of today though the App now states I have an engine fault... I have also noticed that post service it said it was due in 34,000kms and now says its 33,817kms... i.e., they have driven it almost 200 kms...

I understand that they have to test it when they believe they fixed it but almost 200kms seems high.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of, or had a similar issue? I spoke to a friend at who works for a different manufacturer altogether who said they might have done in the electronics in some way and can't fix it... Any insight would be appreciated... I wanted to buy this car out of the lease in 6 months but now I'm not so sure!
Post #1041303 29th Jul 2024 8:59pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Well, at least it's a lease vehicle and not yours. Have they loaned you a vehicle?
Post #1042161 7th Aug 2024 10:44pm
22-L663C-

Canada 
Update:

After two weeks in the shop they returned the vehicle to us, and after almost another two weeks the battery drain happened again. I had to get the vehicle towed to the dealer, where it has, again, been there for almost another two weeks. They cannot seem to find the source of the problem at all.

To answer the previous reply, they did provide a loaner but it didn't have a hitch (which I use almost weekly) adding to the frustration.
Post #1044115 28th Aug 2024 2:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1