↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > MY25 D350
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
MY25 D350
Long story short, I sold my L460 RR earlier in the year as always wanted to scratch the itch of the defender.

Initially ordered a D300 but changed once the MY25 was announced and the prospect of the D350 engine. The option to upgrade the interior with the signature pack was also a big draw as I appreciate the drop in luxury from the L460 but didn’t want to drop too far.

Car was schedule for build July 14th and was built and shipped July 18th. Hoping to have it very beginning of August. Very excited!

Just a reference point for those awaiting MY25, things are now moving!
Post #1040226 18th Jul 2024 12:26pm
Eric Caterpillar

Hello there,

Similar to what happened to me, I had a D300 HSE on order, but it was canned in May. However, my delivery date is still in October, so 3 months away.
Post #1040230 18th Jul 2024 1:43pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
That seems a lengthy delivery timescale? This is a dealer I’ve not used before but they’ve been quite bullish throughout the process that the typical timeframe is 3 months.

My order was March with delivery June and I switched it the week the MY25 was announced so late May if I recall correctly, so delighted with that outcome of early August.
Post #1040311 19th Jul 2024 9:32am
Eric Caterpillar

It does, doesn't it? The original D300 timescale was supposed to be 1st September, but then the deal was scrapped.

It wouldn't really matter except, I am booking the Eurotunnel ride in September, so not sure whether I should wait in case the delivery happens sooner or just book with my current car.
Post #1040320 19th Jul 2024 10:51am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
My only suggestion would be RR L460 prices are very attractive right now. It’s just a case of eating the insurance! My quote with 22 years driving and 14 NCB in rural NE England was £4,600 Shocked

However the discounts on new and approved used are big. Something to consider?
Post #1040324 19th Jul 2024 11:23am
Eric Caterpillar

I was actually looking at a RR Sport D300 recently as an alternative to the Cayenne/X5/GLE. It was the 23 plate, so still had the useful climate control buttons and dials. On 21" alloys with airsprings the ride was great and even the straight 6 diesel sounds decent enough.

Was put off slightly by the £1400 insurance quote though. Plus most of these cars don't come with a Comfort Pack, but LOTS come with all black exterior/interior + 22/23" alloys, which is a firm no for me.
Post #1040329 19th Jul 2024 12:06pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
Same here Eric with the black wheels on everything. An absolute no.

I am still slightly nervous about comfort level in the Defender as I’ve spoilt myself with the RR (First UK delivery in NE and ran it for two years and 50k miles!). Hopefully the comfort/signature pack along with the essential air suspension gives it everything it needs.
Post #1040348 19th Jul 2024 2:10pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
Eric Caterpillar wrote:
I was actually looking at a RR Sport D300 recently as an alternative to the Cayenne/X5/GLE. It was the 23 plate, so still had the useful climate control buttons and dials. On 21" alloys with airsprings the ride was great and even the straight 6 diesel sounds decent enough.

Was put off slightly by the £1400 insurance quote though. Plus most of these cars don't come with a Comfort Pack, but LOTS come with all black exterior/interior + 22/23" alloys, which is a firm no for me.

Also of those you mention I think the cayenne is hands down the best of the three but to meet GLE premium plus levels you have to spend a lot of money and all of a sudden it doesn’t seem so attractive.

I confess to financing my cars and the rate offered by JLR is a big plus right now.
Post #1040349 19th Jul 2024 2:12pm
Crazymind

United Kingdom 
Forget the comfy and posh ride of the L460. You’ll be disappointed if that is your expectation.
The defender with air rides better than my Van, although not much better. It’s a great truck compared to working vans and better than most around. Lower your expectations and you’ll ride the best donkey on the market.
Post #1040368 19th Jul 2024 6:21pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
You must have a really nice van!
Post #1040439 20th Jul 2024 11:31am
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Having has an Autobiography FF the seat comparison is like chalk and cheese - sorry but regardless of the Signature Pack do not expect anything like the comfort of the FF or you will be very disappointed as the FF is a different level/league all together Whistle

Having said that the Defender seats are very comfortable and suit the vehicle well but having driven 800 miles in one day you find yourself moving around a lot Thumbs Up Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #1040456 20th Jul 2024 1:04pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
I’m going to keep an open mind until the very last minute. The car is I guess I transit from Slovakia so I’ve another week or so to decide.That’s good feedback.what made you come out of your FF? I kind of regret letting mine go now.

I’ve driven the MY24 and was fairly comfortable with it but still quite split between whether the functional interior of the Defender is a charm or not.
Post #1040457 20th Jul 2024 1:10pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I had several RR on the bounce with the last being a D350 just mid last year but after 3 days of ownership the dreaded alternator/starter/charging unit failed so she went back for a full (plus some) refund.

I was one of the first to report the charging issue to LR who at the time had no fix and it took 2 months to eventually fix it - of course by then it was no longer my car!

My previous 4.4V8 was the best RR I have ever had and I regret selling it Big Cry

The 3 Defenders I have had have all been a second vehicle for off roading/shooting etc and general day to day driving to Wales and back inc trips to the Pyrenees.

I love the Defender and think it’s the best car LR have ever built but for a sublime ride the RR can’t be beaten Thumbs Up Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #1040460 20th Jul 2024 1:26pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
Thanks Jasper,

Still torn down the middle 50/50!

We have a Taycan CT that does most of the day to day tootling around and something else as fun for weekends.

Not sure whether I’m sailing too close to the CT, which is essentially an estate car with a defender.

I loved the split tailgate in the FF and have to say mine was faultless.The biggest problem with the FF is nothing comes close, many imitate.
Post #1040467 20th Jul 2024 2:02pm
Crazymind

United Kingdom 
We have got a Taycan CT as well with 2 kids.
Both Defender and Taycan take the kids abuse very well, seats kicking, flying toys around, mud, wet and sandy clothes. However the practicality of the defender is superior on a daily basis. Getting in and out the driver seat so much easier and ground clearance makes parking easy.
However the turning circle of the Defender is terrible compared to the Taycan, with rear steering is super agile around town and parking easier.
Comfort wise the defender is very similar to the Taycan, riding firm never uncomfortable. The noise insulation however is much better on the defender. Road noise is close to zero driving the defender.
Post #1040515 20th Jul 2024 7:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1